The future of Australian Basketball feat. Thon Maker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

moistie

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thon went 4 from 5 from deep against the celtics yesterday.
An Australian team with Simmons as PG on offence and PF on D surrounded by Maker (C), Ingles (SF), Mills (SG) and Delly (PG) will stretch any national team in the World and provide some hard nosed D too.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

RookiePick

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
An Australian team with Simmons as PG on offence and PF on D surrounded by Maker (C), Ingles (SF), Mills (SG) and Delly (PG) will stretch any national team in the World and provide some hard nosed D too.

Strong username to post correlation

eth-dog

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides

Especially with guys like Baynes, Bolden (was really impressed with him the other day) and Exum coming off the bench. Although I'd probably start Dante instead of Delly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

moistie

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Especially with guys like Baynes, Bolden (was really impressed with him the other day) and Exum coming off the bench. Although I'd probably start Dante instead of Delly.
I would love to see Dante and Simmons on the floor together, Dante is a defensive beast, and quicksilver fast where opponents cannot stay in front of him. However, he's also a PG and he and Ben's shots are shaky so him working with Ben is a tougher prospect.

The only reason I put Delly in the lineup is he's a better 3 point shooter and would space the floor to give Simmons more room to tear the opposing team apart. Delly gives up a little on the defensive end to Dante but is a terrier and still an excellent perimeter defender.

Imagine an Australian team playing four out offence with Simmons with the ball in his hand. All four of Thon, Jingles, Delly and Patty can hit the three at 35% or better and must be respected on the arc. If opponents don't guard them, Simmons will find them for an open shot which is BAD if you're not Australia. If they guard Ben 1 on 1, the poor bastard trying to guard him will be bent over and taken dry by him.

Exciting times.

moistie

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can see him winning that starting spot
Utah fans are of the mind it will take Rubio being out for the rest of the season for Ex to become the permanent starter, Snyder has his favourites and doesn't budge. But Rubio is an expiring so it may be Dante's position from next year onward.

gcsunsfc

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Koaut Noi having another good year for TCU in college ball.
6'7 wing player - 3 and D.

Was injured coming into the season but has started well.
Improved as a rebounder, still hitting 3's on a higher volume. Increased some of his defensive stats.
Could be another national level wing depth player.

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 7.56.56 AM.png

moistie

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dante rolled his ankle, awaiting diagnosis. Shame, he was putting together an excellent stretch of games. Check this tweet and subsequent replies for some good analysis of how his game has changed for the better recently.

Top Bottom