The future of Australian Basketball feat. Thon Maker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

djrossie

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Maker definitely not a lock for the Olympics atm.
If he runs himself into any semblance of form he's potentially a very valuable bench piece for the Boomers. When he starts blocking and hitting threes he has the potential to be a real fire starter and get everyone going but yeah I would have thought both him and Bolden would be better than what they currently are. A bit disappointed.

RookiePick

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure what happened to Bolden. Started guzzling his own bathwater perhaps?

Maker always struck me as a streaky type so I'm not surprised he is up and down, especially going between different systems.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks

Josh Green had a very nice game - particularly with his shooting.
20 points (7/13 from field, 4/7 from 3, 2/2 from line) + 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 0 turnovers.

His PG Nico Mannion - also highly rated looks a passing gun so could really boost Greens stats across the year.

Now averaging
15 points, 5.5 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, 0 turnovers per game
shooting splits 50/45/71

Has the athleticism - if he can continue shooting it well, he'll be highly coveted come draft time.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
A big sized shooting guard, who can knock down the three while being a lock down defender. We could use that on the boomers
Went 0/3 in game 3
8 points on 10 shots, 0 FTs, 4 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals

Pretty nice start in his first 3 games. Would have taken that at the start of the season.

Would love him to aim for ~14 points, 5 boards, 2.5 assists, 1 steal, 35% from 3. Get to the line for ~3 Ft per game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom