Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

We can probably formally add Thybulle to this list.

What a coup this will be for Australian basketball.

This kid is going to have a long career in NBA basketball.

He averaged over 6 steals a game in his final college year and had 2 x 100 steal seasons. Including a 100 steal/80 block final season only 1 of 10 people to do it in NCAA history.

Going to be devastating defensively in international ball and really will give us a defensive edge, with Simmons, who is also an elite defender.
Baynes is also pretty solid as a rim protector, plus Jingles has that insane reach.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Baynes is also pretty solid as a rim protector, plus Jingles has that insane reach.

Thybulle is another level though, comparisons with Marcus Smart are real.

Simmons/Thybulle together for Philly is a beastly defensive combo, let alone FIBA ball......

It's a crazy good get if it eventuates, he's one of the best young, 'unique' prospects in the NBA imo.

He's a potential NBA DPY down the track....

Thybulle is another level though, comparisons with Marcus Smart are real.

Simmons/Thybulle together for Philly is a beastly defensive combo, let alone FIBA ball......

It's a crazy good get if it eventuates, he's one of the best young, 'unique' prospects in the NBA imo.

He's a potential NBA DPY down the track....
I know, but we have a good defensive unit without those two already is my point.

Mills
Exum
Ingles
Simmons
Baynes

Delly
Thybulle
Broekhoff
Maker/Bolden
Bogut
Goulding/Cotton
Landale

Honestly I’m not even 100% convinced that Delly is a better option than Cotton as our backup PG at this point. Delly is pretty much having a career worst year and Cotton is fresh off an MVP award. In fact the more I think about it, the more I feel Cotton is a better fit because I’m not sure where our bench points are coming from.

While Green has a lot of potential, I don’t think he’s currently in our best team. I’m not opposed to bringing him along as the twelfth man for the experience though.

I’d also really like to find a way to add Mitch Creek to the side, but unfortunately I feel like he’s the guy who misses with Thybulle coming in.

Mills
Exum
Ingles
Simmons
Baynes

Delly
Thybulle
Broekhoff
Maker/Bolden
Bogut
Goulding/Cotton
Landale

Honestly I’m not even 100% convinced that Delly is a better option than Cotton as our backup PG at this point. Delly is pretty much having a career worst year and Cotton is fresh off an MVP award. In fact the more I think about it, the more I feel Cotton is a better fit because I’m not sure where our bench points are coming from.

While Green has a lot of potential, I don’t think he’s currently in our best team. I’m not opposed to bringing him along as the twelfth man for the experience though.

I’d also really like to find a way to add Mitch Creek to the side, but unfortunately I feel like he’s the guy who misses with Thybulle coming in.
Creek is one that could be in Delly's spot. However Delly's hustle on defence is one of the Australian trademarks. I feel like Goulding is important because he can be a point a minute bench player, even if he's not great on the defensive end in FIFA ball

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
It’s a good sign for our depth when we are talking about potential 12th man options and their are viable options dependant on what our team needs are.
In the past those last few spots have been filled with guys you don’t actually want anywhere near a competitive international game

Kezza86

Club Legend
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
My starting lineup would be:
PG- Mills
SG- Thybulle
SF- Ingles
PF- Simmons
C- Baynes

Reserves:
Delly
Exum
Broekhoff
Landale
Bogut
Maker/Bolden (Depending if you want a backup for Bogut or someone that can run the floor with Simmons)
Goulding

Backups for Squad
Creek
Maker/Bolden (Depending who gets picked squad)
Green (Want him to train with his NBA team rather sitting on the pine for most of Olympics)

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
My starting lineup would be:
PG- Mills
SG- Thybulle
SF- Ingles
PF- Simmons
C- Baynes

Reserves:
Delly
Exum
Broekhoff
Landale
Bogut
Maker/Bolden (Depending if you want a backup for Bogut or someone that can run the floor with Simmons)
Goulding

Backups for Squad
Creek
Maker/Bolden (Depending who gets picked squad)
Green (Want him to train with his NBA team rather sitting on the pine for most of Olympics)

Yeah,

I think Simmons definitely plays a major % in the post for Aus.

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Y wouldn't we build a team around Simmons?
Shooters like mills, ingles and Broekhoff should be given priority.
I'd run with
PG - Simmons
SG - Mills
SF - Ingles
PF - Broekhoff
C - Baynes

Reserves of
Delly
Thybulle
Landale

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 4, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We should copy Spain’s success. Shooters around a pick and roll duo. Simmons should be our Gasol in that he’s the pick setter for Mills. Would be borderline unstoppable.
Simmons and Mills pick and roll with Ingles, Broekhoff and Baynes who can all hit the 3 at a decent clip would clear the lane for Simmons to destroy every other team in the world.

Our defensive stocks are stacked across all lines. Thybulle, Exum, Simmons, Bogut and Baynes are all known for their defence and provide us options if an opposition player starts lighting us up.

Y wouldn't we build a team around Simmons?
Shooters like mills, ingles and Broekhoff should be given priority.
I'd run with
PG - Simmons
SG - Mills
SF - Ingles
PF - Broekhoff
C - Baynes

Reserves of
Delly
Thybulle
Landale
I‘d like to see us use Simmons as a bit of a point forward. Act as the PF on defense then play as the PG on offense.

Its another reason I can see someone like Goulding getting a look in, as it will really open up the floor on offense. Also why I can see Delly only playing limited minutes.

Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
For tomorrow's game vs NZ in the Asian Cup 2021 qualifier we only have players from the NBL whose teams aren't in the finals + Josh Giddey including 6 debutants. NZ Breakers didn't make the finals on the other hand. Hopefully we can still get the job done without too many issues.

Last edited:
For tomorrow's game vs NZ in the Asian Cup 2021 qualifier we only have a players from the NBL whose teams aren't in the finals + Josh Giddey including 6 debutants. NZ Breakers didn't make the finals on the other hand. Hopefully we can still get the job done without too many issues.
One of the weaker Aussie sides I’ve seen in a while tbh, will be a very competitive game.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
If Green is a lottery draft pick/has a guaranteed spot on an NBA team, there's no way they won't select him if he makes himself available.
*Revised*
Ben Simmons
Patrick Mills
Jock Landale
Aron Baynes
Joe Ingles
Dante Exum
Matthew Dellavedova
Thon Maker
Andrew Bogut
Matisse Thybulle
Ryan Broekhoff
Josh Green

Missing out:
Chris Goulding
Mitchell Creek
Bryce Cotton
Nick Kay
Jonah Bolden
Mangok Mathiang
Deng Adel
Brock Motum
Thybulle would be a huge get. He could get positions 1-4 as well. Id go a bit smaller and have Cotton and Bolden instead of Green and Landale.. Green would be hard pressed to get miutes and Im a perth fan so love Cotton. He could play the exact same role as Patty Mills as been a small shooting guard. He will be better than Delly in my view at international level. Between Green and Delly for the last place on the roster.

Thybulle would be a huge get. He could get positions 1-4 as well. Id go a bit smaller and have Cotton and Bolden instead of Green and Landale.. Green would be hard pressed to get miutes and Im a perth fan so love Cotton. He could play the exact same role as Patty Mills as been a small shooting guard. He will be better than Delly in my view at international level. Between Green and Delly for the last place on the roster.
After his WC Landale is a borderline starter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back