philthy05

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
adelaide 36ers
Australian National teams in general have a habit of punching above their weight in group stages and getting to the pointy end against the favourites (while some other bastard gets Sweden or South Korea) then getting our hearts crushed in last minute 50/50 calls that have a 100% rate of going against us.
:(

Upgrayedd

A Vote for Clive is a Vote for Justice
Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
we'll sh*t the bed

Thybulle commiting was great,. but We'll be done by Serbia/USA/France yet again, ******* hurts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BG__

Club Legend
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Lots of talk around Cotton and the Boomers now he's signed on in Perth. He would comfortably make my Boomers side if i was a selector, i think he'd be one of our key players and gives us another Party Mills type guy. I'd even have Cotton in my 'death' lineup for the final minutes of a game.

JT_the_Man

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 23, 2014
Wonders
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
LCFC, LAL, Stars, 49ers, Canadiens
Lots of talk around Cotton and the Boomers now he's signed on in Perth. He would comfortably make my Boomers side if i was a selector, i think he'd be one of our key players and gives us another Party Mills type guy. I'd even have Cotton in my 'death' lineup for the final minutes of a game.

If the Oympics were right now I’d probably go with

Simmons
Mills
Thybulle
Ingles
Baynes
Delly
Exum
Broekhoff
Maker (or Bolden, but Thon gets the nod because he didn’t walk out right before the WC, and he knows Kung Fu)
Landale
Bogut
Cotton

Not sure if Bogut will still be around by 2021 though, and I’d also like to see Josh Green in the team at that point. Creek, Bolden, Goulding, Mathiang, Adel etc. all make a good case as well.

Luuuc

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Yeah, Bogut is my main worry re. the Boomers. Olympic schedules are brutal and his minutes clearly need to be heavily managed. Right now I think the difference between him & the next best option is still great enough that he makes the 12 but he seems to have slid a long way in 12 months (not surprising at his age, of course). I hope he gears his next 12 months around winning an olympic medal. I reckon that's a big factor behind his recent announcement.

RookiePick

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah, Bogut is my main worry re. the Boomers. Olympic schedules are brutal and his minutes clearly need to be heavily managed. Right now I think the difference between him & the next best option is still great enough that he makes the 12 but he seems to have slid a long way in 12 months (not surprising at his age, of course). I hope he gears his next 12 months around winning an olympic medal. I reckon that's a big factor behind his recent announcement.
That would probably help a lot. just go full NFL style on the juice.

BG__

Club Legend
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Thats why he'll sign with perth ;)

philthy05

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
adelaide 36ers
Best landing point for josh green in the draft?

teams / coaches that will give him minutes?

coaches that may be more likely to get the best out of him?

stewie griffen

Make me an Admin!
Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Hes projecting mid to late first right?

He'll get minutes anywhere taken early, although

Pelicans could be an interesting fit

There's an awful lot of traded firsts in there so Philly or the Bucks could be picking in that range

philthy05

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
adelaide 36ers
Hes projecting mid to late first right?

He'll get minutes anywhere taken early, although

Pelicans could be an interesting fit

There's an awful lot of traded firsts in there so Philly or the Bucks could be picking in that range
yeah the mocks ive seen usually have him In the 20’s.

there has been lots of teams that don’t like to give minutes to young players unless they are top ten picks from memory?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stewie griffen

Make me an Admin!
Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Yeah he'd want to potentially avoid the likes of Brooklyn, Milwaukee, boston, philly in that case

Dallas could be interesting

You'd hope its not the Knicks

From a fit, at a glance Chicago and Phoenix aren't ideal. Likewise Portland

philthy05

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
adelaide 36ers
I don’t know whether Atlanta is a great fit for green, but I do think it might be a good fit for Atlanta. I would think a long defender who is good in transition would be a good choice next to Collins and trey. Not sure about minutes situation there though.

Bleedblueandgold

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Great insights from Lemanis about Bogut's passion for playing for the Boomers esp in 2015 & 2016.

matthew_s

All Australian
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

matthew_s

All Australian
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Speaking of the Simmons family.... 😬

sheesh...all of BA is racist...but please stand with us.

All BA is racist...including Brett Brown I guess?

Whether there is anything behind her claims or not, that rant was one step away from Alex Jones turning frogs gay level stuff.

YippeeYiYeo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Speaking of the Simmons family.... 😬

Yikes.

Read through some of her other tweets. Just an angry and sad individual. If she is as close to her brother as she makes herself out to be then theres a fair chance Ben wont play for Australia id say.

Would only take a small carrot dangled by the 76ers to sit out of the Olympics anyway.

Top Bottom