Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just going to be naturally sceptic of his age, until we hear definitively from the Bucks. Feels like a phone call is all it'd take, and the Bucks could nip this in the bud pretty quickly.

Really though, the way his guardian has been handling him has been sketchy from the start. Whatever happens, he's played this all really well. From a 2nd round pick and a non guaranteed contract to at least 5 mil for 2 years, and possibly something like 12 mill - if he warrants it.

If they can confirm he has deliberately lied about his aged, then surely any contracts can be voided. There seems to now be pics of him in 2007 year 9, 2009 year 11 and 2010 year 12. So unless its a different Thon Maker, he would have to had completed high school as a 13 year old and then for some reason gone and repeated high school all over again.

image.jpg

Aranmore College today

Last edited:
LeThon Claims (he is 19)

Year 10 Fairytales at Kindy - Term One, 2008
Aranmore Catholic College Year 10 Drama students performed their own version of twisted fairytales to the Aranmore Kindergarten students at the end of Term One. Students worked hard on writing their own scripts for their pieces, overcoming challenging group dynamics which every good Drama student must experience!

Students put on an energetic show for their delighted audience and have expressed a keen desire to return. Favourites characters for the audience included The Wolf, played by Jacob Taylor and The Troll, played by Thon Maker.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080928151628/http://web2.aranmore.wa.edu.au/OurNews/News.asp

looooooooooooooooooool

What the hell were Milwaukee thinking?

Everything about Thon rise to NBA draft pick has seemed bizarre and suss from the start. I remember seeing the videos and then hearing nothing about him for ages, only for him to resurface this year and suddenly declare for the draft. The age thing would explain why he was so eager to enter the draft.

Can't ever see him being much of a player in the league anyway. He was far from being KG, Kobe or LeBron in high school to be able to cope with the leap, and his skill set is just weird as for a 7 footer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10-8-2 blocks as a rookie. Lol, I really hope he flourishes.

I'm on board with thy Maker.
Finished with 15-13-2. I have a feeling sometime in the future we're Going to find out the people pushing the age thing hardest was a team in the mid teens of the draft, hoping he'd last to them.

Bucks aren't afraid of taking risks on talent and length. Giannis and him will cause serious issues

Thon Maker was great in his first hit out
Needs to work on his jump shot
Beside that he was clearly a cut above the rest.
Impressed by his movement and energy.

Thon Maker was great in his first hit out
Needs to work on his jump shot
Beside that he was clearly a cut above the rest.
Impressed by his movement and energy.

He didn't look raw at all which is what I expected. Bucks fans happy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back