Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

There saying he's the best defender for his age group in the country.

Having a wing with that athleticism would be too much to pass up with the quality of guards in the Olympics, if he's a 2nd year NBA player by the next Olympics, he will be in over Jingles.

He's pretty good. He's kinda got that ability like Ben to play the lanes and intercept passes. Also the huge WS helps. He played with Deandre Ayton last season who's a super talent although maybe a bit lazy. (If that guy gets his act together, he should be next years number 1 pick). His usage will go up a lot this year with Ayton off the team. Already starting to lift his scoring output quite a bit. Might be a bit young for Tokyo Boomers but who knows. I'd love if the Boomers embraced all this youth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's pretty good. He's kinda got that ability like Ben to play the lanes and intercept passes. Also the huge WS helps. He played with Deandre Ayton last season who's a super talent although maybe a bit lazy. (If that guy gets his act together, he should be next years number 1 pick). His usage will go up a lot this year with Ayton off the team. Already starting to lift his scoring output quite a bit. Might be a bit young for Tokyo Boomers but who knows. I'd love if the Boomers embraced all this youth

How are you able to source so much? It's amazing I try but it's difficult

Plenty of video and info out there if you know where to look. Plus, I don't have much to do in my off time. I'm on a train a lot, commute time is a killer and for some reason I can't snooze on the train like everyone else.

Cheers! Just trying to spread my enthusiasmI like your Boomers squad. I can't really see Bogut making it though. Love him but I feel like he's almost past it. Then again, I still think he could have something to offer on the international stage so hopefully I'm wrong. Heaps of talent emerging though. Heck, even Thon's brother might turn into something. Just won MVP at the Canadian all star game. It's not the same level as HS hoops in America but Canada has also been producing a ton of talent lately. If they get their s**t together, they might be a huge rival to Australia medalling in Tokyo.
I currently reside in Tokyo and was planning to watch the Boomers live in 20 but will be returning home next year. Might fork out the cash to take my kid back and watch though

Again great info. Just researched Matur Maker. There is a lot of positive talk abut how his game and frame are developing in Canada. Super quick first step for a big man. Played under twenty minutes to win MVP of the all star game mentioned above too.

What are your thoughts on Landsdale? Had a terrific game against Arizona and is getting some terrific reviews on some of the scouting reports on youtube.

Bogurt will be 34 at the next Olympics. His veteran leadership could still be important with a probable young starting front court.

For mine the most exciting thing to happen for the Boomers in recent times has been Thon Maker showing the ability to defend at the centre position in NBA playoff games. Seriously can't wait for the next Olympics. For what it is worth I could see Green making the team as a project player at the next Olympics and then starting in the backcourt with Dante in seven years.

Jonah Bolden is a special talent. If you watch the scouting reports the most impressive thing is that he shoots seriously deep threes at 6'10.

Xavier Cooks is another interesting prospect. At 6'8 see seems super versatile and averaging 16.5 points, 9 rebounds and 3 assists for the Winthrop Eagles. Good stats but playing at a small college hard to get a read on.

Last edited:
Again great info. Just researched Matur Maker. There is a lot of positive talk abut how his game and frame are developing in Canada. Super quick first step for a big man. Played under twenty minutes to win MVP of the all star game mentioned above too.

What are your thoughts on Landsdale? Had a terrific game against Arizona and is getting some terrific reviews on some of the scouting reports on youtube.

Bogurt will be 34 at the next Olympics. His veteran leadership could still be important with a probable young starting front court.

For mine the most exciting thing to happen for the Boomers in recent times has been Thon Maker showing the ability to defend at the centre position in NBA playoff games. Seriously can't wait for the next Olympics. For what it is worth I could see Green making the team as a project player at the next Olympics and then starting in the backcourt with Dante in seven years.

Jonah Bolden is a special talent. If you watch the scouting reports the most impressive thing is that he shoots seriously deep threes at 6'10.

Xavier Cooks is another interesting prospect. At 6'8 see seems super versatile and averaging 16.5 points, 9 rebounds and 3 assists for the Winthrop Eagles. Good stats but playing at a small college hard to get a read on.

I don't mind Jock. Didn't watch Saint Mary's much at all except for highlights but did keep an eye on his boxscores, just as I did with Xavier. I think both those guys are definitely good pros, just maybe not for the NBA, at least not for quite a few years. My personal favorite between those two is Cools since I've followed him since his high school days but If I had to bet on one of those two making it to the NBA, I'd go with Landale. Can't teach his size and he has some nice moves for a traditional type center. But are they really needed in today's NBA? I see him topping out as an Aaron Baynes level player (though not the same player).I dunno that he'd really fit with the group the Boomers are developing going forward either.

I feel like the Boomers (if they get to keep that name) might be able to build something that looks something like the Bucks with loads of length and athletism. I'm not an expert though and that's just my opinion. Take my overly enthusiastic opinion with a grain of salt

PS. Can you imagine a starting line up with 6'9', 6'11', 7'1', 7'4', 7'4' wingspans? That's pretty much unheard of, even in the NBA.

PS. Can you imagine a starting line up with 6'9', 6'11', 7'1', 7'4', 7'4' wingspans? That's pretty much unheard of, even in the NBA.

Brogdon/Middleton/Snell/Giannis/Thon

6'10', 6'10', 6'11.5', 7'5', 7'3'

Another player who deserves a mention in terms of the future of Australian Basketball is Nathan Sobey. Was terrific for the Sixers last year and there are some great reports on how he is playing for a top Greek team Paok Thessaloniki in recent times. I know he is turning 27 this year but he has improved massively in 2016/2017 (NBL's most improved player) and my yet find himself on a Summer League NBA team in 2017. If he continues his improvement making a team would not be totally off the cards. A super athletic combo guard would seem a good fit for the Boomer needs at the next Olympics in terms of back-up players. Definitely a decent chance to make the next Olympic team.

Chima Moneke playing at the University of California Davis is an interesting prospect that I can't get a read on. He is listed at 198cm, but managed to average an impressive 9.5 rebounds and 14.6 points last season including some great games in the March Madness Division 1 Championship. He seems pretty explosive with a great mid range game but doesn't possess deep range and shoot threes. If anyone has more details on him they would be greatly appreciated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Jonah is climbing some boards getting a lot of talk generated recently. Up to 27th on theringer's board

http://nbadraft.theringer.com/

I looked at his highlights recently. I was very impressed and thinking in my head this guy will be knocking on the door for the first round. Has an all round game suited to today's NBA. If we can get all these pieces together for the next Olympics we're going to be some team.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Oh just to add to the above post. That game Josh had 35 points on 16/18 shooting. The game he had prior to that he went for 32.
His teammate, Nico Mannion (although not an Aussie) is one to look out for in the future as well.

Edit* he did follow that 35 point game with a 5 point effort on 1/10 shooting
However, overall he's been very good. Averaging over 20 in his 12 games for his AAU team and his team is in the top 3 as far as win/loss. I think he might well be the go to player for his regular team now that Deandre Ayton is out. Still a long time to go for him though. I think he's draft eligible in 2020 :(

Last edited:
There seems to be a small movement talking up Jonah as a potential lottery pick. The ringer has him going around 27 with one of their writers having him 23. Just today was listening to a podcast that ran their early mock and they put him at 13. Had him 5 on their big board which is pretty crazy. Quite a few threads popping up on Reddit and realgm wanting to know about him. Nobody really knows anything about him and that could work in his favor. I think there is a decent chance he can get into the 1st round

Also wondering if anyone can fill me in on William McDowell white. Last I heard was when he joined the kings, Andrew gaze said he'd be a future boomer. I haven't heard anything about him since. Did he even play last season?

Also wondering if anyone can fill me in on William McDowell white. Last I heard was when he joined the kings, Andrew gaze said he'd be a future boomer. I haven't heard anything about him since. Did he even play last season?

Looked a smooth mover and a good finisher in the couple of NBL games I seen towards the end of the season. Definately has potential but needs to knuckle down and realise it

Josh Green equal leading scorer at UAA U/16.

14da9c905994d6d7cfd9efffa9e21229.jpg

Just a quick extra note on Nathan Sobey. In the last week he has flown to America to train with four NBA clubs an he will participate in four free agent mini camps after his form for PAOK BC captured attention.from the Brooklyn Nets, Los Angeles Clippers and Utah Jazz and a fourth franchise which wishes to remain anonymous at this stage will put Sobey through his paces. It is hard to find his stats but I read in an article he averaged 13.4 points for PAOK BC which is superior when compared to other Aussies playing in top European leagues including Goulding, Broekhoff and Motum who all obviously made our last Olympic team. If I remember right Joe Ingles when he played in Spain averaged about the same in scoring in a similar level league (to the Greek competition) the year before he made the NBA for the first time. Id love to see what Sobey could do if he made an NBA roster and had access to elite training and conditioning coaches. He is already a terrific athlete. Go to youtube and search 'Nathan Sobey Aussie Westbrook'. It is well worth a viewing. Fantastic highlights of him playing at PAOK BC in 2017.

Mitch Creek and Matt Hodgson are also appearing at the mini camp but don't seem to have generated as much interest as Nathan.

Has anyone heard anything about how Isaac Humphries is going in the workouts pre-draft? Forgot he is only still just 19 years of age (on the 1st of May 2017) and how good he was as a junior player for Australia until I came across some of his highlights on youtube while searching for updates on how Wiliam Mcdowell-White was going. For what it is worth there is nothing I can find on Mcdowell-White since 2016 apart from a brief mention of him playing in the NBL on youtube.

Last edited:
Heard Isaac Humphries is doing pretty well. But I don't think he'll be drafted.
This was updated not too far back
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/isaac-humphries-nba-draft-scouting-report-5963/

He was also on a podcast the other day after his workout with Washington.

JBolden won't be joining Eurocamp this year by the looks of it. FMP just defeated Partizan in game one of their play off series last night. It was a big win since Partizan had been undefeated at home(I think) and had demolished FMP in all their past meetings this season. Jonah came up big with 18p on 8/10 shooting, 2/3 3p, 7 reb, 3 ass 2 t/o

Remove this Banner Ad

Back