Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Green will only be 18 by then. Probably still too young but I suppose if it's for the development. At a guess you could probably slot Matur Maker in there somewhere. He'll be 19 this year I believe and likely to declare for the draft straight out of school. Led Adidas nations in scoring and turned a few heads. Plays kinda like a wing at the moment.
I love Green though, he's going to be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope that Simmons makes himself available for the World Championships. We need to finish higher than NZ overall to qualify automatically for the Olympics. Lot of unpredictability with that qualification method compared to a 2 game series vs NZ, so we need all our best players on board in case we get a tougher draw than NZ.

For what is worth Im pretty optimistic about how the Aussie invasion will go in the NBA this year: Here are my predictions
Ben Simmons
I'm predicting Simmons wins Rookie of the Year averaging 19points, 7 rebounds and 6 assits while surprising many with how improved his shooting is from his college days.

Dante Exum
Exum to be one of the most improved players in the NBA and average around 12 points and 4.5 assists. I think he will be traded by January 2018 if he is not getting regular court time.

Mathew Delladova
To average around 10 points and five assist in an improved year from last season.

Patty Mills
To average 12points and five assists while starting until Parker returns.

Joey Ingles
To average around 10 points, 4 assists and 5 rebounds in an expanded role with no Hayward.

Thon Maker
To again have some ups and downs but to also play some outstanding basketball. Ten points and 8 rebounds while doubling his block per game average from last year is my prediction.

Aaron Baynes
To average 6 points and six rebounds in an important role of the bench for Boston.

Andrew Bogut
To make his way back on to an NBA roster (Boston is my prediction) by season start and to play important minutes averaging around 4 points and six rebounds.

Ive also got high hopes that Jonah Bolden will dominate in Israel and average over 20 points per game.

Josh Green to be a major name in College basketball by the end of the year is my prediction too.

For what is worth Im pretty optimistic about how the Aussie invasion will go in the NBA this year: Here are my predictions
Ben Simmons
I'm predicting Simmons wins Rookie of the Year averaging 19points, 7 rebounds and 6 assits while surprising many with how improved his shooting is from his college days.

Dante Exum
Exum to be one of the most improved players in the NBA and average around 12 points and 4.5 assists. I think he will be traded by January 2018 if he is not getting regular court time.

Mathew Delladova
To average around 10 points and five assist in an improved year from last season.

Patty Mills
To average 12points and five assists while starting until Parker returns.

Joey Ingles
To average around 10 points, 4 assists and 5 rebounds in an expanded role with no Hayward.

Thon Maker
To again have some ups and downs but to also play some outstanding basketball. Ten points and 8 rebounds while doubling his block per game average from last year is my prediction.

Aaron Baynes
To average 6 points and six rebounds in an important role of the bench for Boston.

Andrew Bogut
To make his way back on to an NBA roster (Boston is my prediction) by season start and to play important minutes averaging around 4 points and six rebounds.

Ive also got high hopes that Jonah Bolden will dominate in Israel and average over 20 points per game.

Josh Green to be a major name in College basketball by the end of the year is my prediction too.
Simmons is too optimistic. How many averaged those numbers last year in the NBA? Wouldn't be more than a handful? Lebron, westbrook, Greek freak?

Simmons is too optimistic. How many averaged those numbers last year in the NBA? Wouldn't be more than a handful? Lebron, westbrook, Greek freak?
Yeah I think the 7 and 6 (a stretch) are possible, but the 19 is very optimistic.

Yeah I think the 7 and 6 (a stretch) are possible, but the 19 is very optimistic.

12 points, 6 boards and 4 assists would be a good season..
A lot of hype around Simmons, Embiid and Fultz, but I think Covington, Redick and Saric will carry th load.

Would be great to see Exum getting 14-16 points per, but I think coach Snyder plays Dante for his defense

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My early prediction for World Champs team:
Think Bogut will be back and playing decent minutes by mid season so Ive selected him as his experience will be invaluable. Exum will be massively improved this year too. Ingles is still improving and will be peaking by next World Champs, so he stays in my predicted starting five.
Starting five:
C: T.Maker
PF: Simmons
SF: Ingles
SG: Exum
PG: Mills

Bench:
Bolden
Bogut
Baynes
Delly
Sobey
Deng Adel (Will be dramatically improved this season and a top 20 draft pick in my view)
Lansdale or Green as 12th man for experience
I agree with your team. Seems like half the team are a run and gun and the other half court bangers.

12 points, 6 boards and 4 assists would be a good season..
A lot of hype around Simmons, Embiid and Fultz, but I think Covington, Redick and Saric will carry th load.

Would be great to see Exum getting 14-16 points per, but I think coach Snyder plays Dante for his defense

Lot of variances for how much Ben could average this year. If Embiid misses plenty of games again, I think Ben could get close to that. If Embiid plays most of the games I'd say Ben would go 14-15 points.

Hard but can. I'd have expected around 12/13 last year at least if he wasn't injured last season. He's had a year of getting stronger, watching video, working on his shot which led kid better in the brief glimpses we've seen, learning nba moves. I think he should be amongst those considered for roty when it's all done. Pretty sure he wants that award too. Just my opinion though

Hard but can. I'd have expected around 12/13 last year at least if he wasn't injured last season. He's had a year of getting stronger, watching video, working on his shot which led kid better in the brief glimpses we've seen, learning nba moves. I think he should be amongst those considered for roty when it's all done. Pretty sure he wants that award too. Just my opinion though

I hope his jumper has improved, but I think having a reliable jump shot would probably help boost his assist numbers... having defenders close out hard will open up driving lanes for drive and dish opportunities

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've followed his training religiously. His shot seems to be ridiculously improved. Plenty of experts in America think he will be a genuine great. Ill stick by my prediction until proven otherwise.

I agree that his numbers will be better than what most people are assuming, although I'm going to go for about 16ppg. Feel the potential is definitely there for him to make that extra jump though. I think Phili has a pretty great training staff and to get what they got out of Embiid this past year after spending his first two years on the sidelines, I just feel they would have put some pretty significant work into Ben over the past year. Sixers are very secretive about many things so think we are gonna get a few surprises from Ben this year.
I'd have predicted Ben would have gone for around 13-14ppg last year so a 2 point jump on that is a fair progression. He needs to do well for my fantasy team too :) I invested my 2nd pick in him!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've followed his training religiously. His shot seems to be ridiculously improved. Plenty of experts in America think he will be a genuine great. Ill stick by my prediction until proven otherwise.
I expect him to be great, in time, but you've suggested a rookie will hit averages that only Harden, Westbrook and LeBron hit. That's an incredibly high bar to reach.

I'd say something like 14/8/5 is more realistic for Simmons. Rebounding is something that pretty much always translates from College to the pros. His shot looks better but its likely still going to be very much a work in progress when it comes to actually making them in game, also has that weird thing where he never finishes at the rim with his left, hopefully he's been trying to weed that out and doing more with his left close to the rim since it's hard to see that being efficient in the NBA. Would think most of his scoring will come in transition, at the line and off cuts/rolls to the rim.

I think it's just more important he plays a bunch and passes the eye test on what he can do/will become.

I would have liked to have seen more jump shots. But his passing and ball handling is ridiculous in the above clip. He looked quicker on the court than in his preseason games last year too. A simple 'give and go' where Ben passes to a player when a smaller player is manning him and then burst forward to receive the ball and shoot over the player manning him looks very dangerous. Also, at the same time the NBA might break their record for most ankle injuries ever if coaches decide to consistently man Ben with power forwards or 6'10+ players.

Last edited:
I would have liked to have seen more jump shots. But his passing and ball handling is ridiculous in the above clip.
You'd love to be a spot up shooter just setting up in the corner....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back