Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.nba.com/sixers/news/simmons-hopes-he-team-benefit-season-work

In respect to his jumper, Simmons noted on the Fanatic that there’s not only value to makes, but takes.

“If you take [jump shots], [teams] give you a little bit more respect, and you’re able to make more moves and dissect the defense,” Simmons said. “This summer, I’ve been working a lot on certain things that I’ll definitely use.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We win 94-41 - we go 1 better than Qatar

m0cqyr.jpg

Don't worry about Ben and Dante being on the court together. Dante shot has come a long way. If he stays fit Dante will give the most improved player award a shake next season.

On a related note Deng Adel signed a partially guaranteed contract with the Toronto Raptors on the 15th of September. Means he will play in the G League if he doesn't get a full contract after training camp. If he impresses then he earns a guaranteed contract and plays for the Raptors.

Last edited:
Overall Simmons and Exum playing together in Tokyo (barring disaster) is a tantalising thought. Don't mind the center rotation as well if Maker keeps coming along. Baynes, Ingles and Mills are solid pieces. It would be nice if Bogut could make it to 2020 but I think he would be retiring by then. If we don't medal in Tokyo we have underachieved.

I know Simmons is our PG by default but any good natural PG prospects who are Australian? We could really use Kyrie right now hehehe.

Overall Simmons and Exum playing together in Tokyo (barring disaster) is a tantalising thought. Don't mind the center rotation as well if Maker keeps coming along. Baynes, Ingles and Mills are solid pieces. It would be nice if Bogut could make it to 2020 but I think he would be retiring by then. If we don't medal in Tokyo we have underachieved.

I know Simmons is our PG by default but any good natural PG prospects who are Australian? We could really use Kyrie right now hehehe.
Ben's not a point guard by default. He is a prototype point guard for the future. Could very well lead the nba in assist next year. Exum, Delly and Mills have played the point for significant minutes at NBA level. While Ingles has also spent time running the 1 spot for Utah in the last two years (including some great playoff performances in 2017) while playing predominately small forward. Point guard is our deepest position.

FWIW I still think Bogut will make it to Tokyo. Playing in nbl should allow his shoulders to finally heel properly. As long as he doesnt have another setbak with his conditioning I still think he is young enough to play a role. He'll be 35 by Tokyo, but he could well be more mobile than he was at the last Olympics where he went beyond what most nba players would do to push himself to make the team. Ive always loved his commitment to Australian international play. He should still be able to play great defence, rebound, set terrific screens and pass. Perhaps, if his shoulders get some rest he could even improve his shooting touch compared to what it has been in recent years. As a long time Boomers fan who has followed the team closely for over 25 years I love the idea of Baynes, Delly, Ingles, Mills and Bogut playing together when Dante , Ben and Thon need a rest. The five aussie veterans know each others game inside and out as they have played a lot together over the years. In my view that familrarity with each others games would be a major benefit in allowing the Boomers to keep momentum while resting resting three starters at both tye next Olympics and World champs. The veteran group would also allow the Boomers to rotate a ton of different looks to teams from other countries.
The only way Bogut wont make the team (barring injury obviously) is if someone like Lansdale emerges quicker than expected.

Last edited:
I'm not sure where this would go - but this sounds like a reasonable thread for it.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/baske...r/news-story/949b40a6e452aadd2f9c2fd0ec370e19

I rarely pay attention to that site, but this one was interesting, and is pretty much just an excerpt from Jackson's book, about her time in Russia.
An interesting read, not entirely surprising unfortunately, and I wonder if the male players have similar experiences.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back