Bolden: 28 points (3/8 from 3), 14 boards, 5 assists, 3 blocks, 3 TO

Deng: 17 points (2/2 from 3), 3 boards, 2 assists, 1 block

Humphries: 2 games
14 points, 9 boards, 3 assists, 1 steal
8 points, 5 boards, 1 assist, 2 steals, 2 blocks

all would have to be happy with their starts
Bolden is going to be a player.

That’s one I’m confident about.

Jack White is travelling alright. Can’t see him making the NBA anytime soon, but he played 30 mins off the bench for Duke today and was one point away from a double-double with 9 points and 11 rebounds.

fleabitten

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 16, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
Jonah Bolden is gonna be part of an NBA team playing minutes off the bench sometime soon. Great potential as a stretch 4 which the league covets these days.

Played some solid bench minutes yesterday and you'd think the Butler trade opens up more minutes with the Sixers moving Saric and Covington.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Mitch Creek also playing well in the G league

22 mins: 8 points, 3 reb, 3 assists
37 mins: 10 points, 15 reb, 4 assists, 1 steal
36 mins: 17 points, 11 reb, 5 assists, 4 steal

44% from the field
0/4 from 3
3 TO a game

swanssince2002

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2018
21kms from Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Jack White is travelling alright. Can’t see him making the NBA anytime soon, but he played 30 mins off the bench for Duke today and was one point away from a double-double with 9 points and 11 rebounds.

So much talent at Duke with Zion Williamson showing no mercy to other teams. White will have to take a backseat to him but nice to see him do the dirty work.

So much talent at Duke with Zion Williamson showing no mercy to other teams. White will have to take a backseat to him but nice to see him do the dirty work.
Yeah, the fact is Duke have 3 players who could potentially go 1-2-3 in this years draft, along with another likely to go in the first round, so he was always going to have to take a back seat.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Thon came in and with Pat Connaughton really turned things around for the Bucks after they got behind by 15 in the 3rd Quarter.
Hit a 3
Had 2 blocks
Really brought some energy.

Doesn't look like he'll be a top 10 pick worthy player but given his skill set think there is a role for him in the NBA going forward.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Are people aware that Josh Green was once in GWS's academy? Which club did he play footy for in west Sydney?

danielG

All Australian
Jun 27, 2009
richmond
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Are people aware that Josh Green was once in GWS's academy? Which club did he play footy for in west Sydney?
No, didn't know that. Interesting.
Glad he chose B-ball, seems like he's our next elite talent. Is he playing for IMG acadmey this year ? When does he begin playing for Arizona ? How is he going for IMG this season, I find impossible to keep up to date as to how he's tracking.
Are there any other top end talents that we can expect to come on in the next few seasons ?
How long is Jonah out for ?

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
My understanding was he was offered but never actually joined the academy?
According to this reference, he accepted the invitation to join the academy and was "the No. 1 prospect in his age group" as a footballer before moving to the US. So yes, I figure he never actually took part in the academy program but intended to. Anyone have any idea where he played junior football?

I enjoyed the boomers v iran game last night. It was a family friendly atmosphere.

We lack bigs. Is bogut retired? jawai isnt upto it.

Irans guards put pressure on our guys with a run penetrating aggressive runs. I found our guards dribbled in, then stopped and passed back or sideways. We need someone with handles who can split defences.

Our D overall was really good. Active. Especially given we're undersized, and Irans big guys are massive.

Easy win

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
No, didn't know that. Interesting.
Glad he chose B-ball, seems like he's our next elite talent. Is he playing for IMG acadmey this year ? When does he begin playing for Arizona ? How is he going for IMG this season, I find impossible to keep up to date as to how he's tracking.
Are there any other top end talents that we can expect to come on in the next few seasons ?
How long is Jonah out for ?
I believe he's a senior at the IMG Academy this year and has committed to play college ball with Arizona next year. At this point, they are predicting that Josh will be a top 10 NBA draft pick in 2020. Fingers crossed his draft commitments don't prevent him from competing in the 2020 Olympics for us!

Another talented junior footballer lost to basketball (which I'm personally disappointed about) is Tamuri Wigness. My team, the Suns, were scouting him while he was playing junior football for the Cairns Hawks with the hopes of placing him in our academy but he chose to give up footy a few years ago to pursue basketball instead. I have a strong feeling he could have been another standout indigenous small forward in the vein of Cyril Rioli or Eddie Betts but my team was not able to convince him to continue with football. Having said that, we were able to convince another talented junior basketballer from Cairns named Alex Davies to move to the Gold Coast and pursue football next year so I suppose it's a case of 'you win some, you lose some'. It'll be hard to watch Wigness when he eventually makes it to the NBA though. Here's a video of Tamuri talking about his football background and the similarities between the two sports:

matthew_s

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I enjoyed the boomers v iran game last night. It was a family friendly atmosphere.

We lack bigs. Is bogut retired? jawai isnt upto it.

Irans guards put pressure on our guys with a run penetrating aggressive runs. I found our guards dribbled in, then stopped and passed back or sideways. We need someone with handles who can split defences.

Our D overall was really good. Active. Especially given we're undersized, and Irans big guys are massive.

Easy win

Brandt and Bogut opted to rest, I think we’re okay big-wise. It was good to see us quality for next years World Cup.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Australia obliterate Qatar 110-59

giphy.gif

Back