Bench

Maker
Exum
Delly
Creek
Bogut?
Goulding
Bolden?
Bolden has to be in calculations. I'd start Maker at PF over Broekhoff.

djrossie16

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
If we don't medal or do something significant soon we never will. The experience mixed with talent is peaking. We have an array of shooters and impact players. Like for example you could see Maker or Jonah fire the team up with some blocks and threes and they're most likely coming off the bench in a full strength side.
I wish David Anderson was younger. I think he could have been pretty special playing with Simmons. At times the bloke was almost channeling Dirk in some of the play he produced with in his euro and international games.

splendidham

Team Captain
Aug 4, 2006
Tokyo
AFL Club
Fremantle
So anyone heard of Ky Green? According to a few tweets, he’s Josh’s little bro. Is a 2023 and already one of the top ranked kids in his class

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
So anyone heard of Ky Green? According to a few tweets, he’s Josh’s little bro. Is a 2023 and already one of the top ranked kids in his class

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I knew he had an older brother who was playing college, but not an NBA prospect.

Didn't know there was a younger one.

His younger brother might consider himself American tbh. The whole family moved to the USA 4 years ago to support the older boys.

The younger one would have lived from the age of 9 or 10 in the states by that point.

Josh definitely seems to be big into the Boomers, so that will obviously help down the track.

His dad is definitely American, his mum was a professional bball player in Australia as well, not sure on her nationality though. Obviously it would help if his mum was like Simmons, an Aussie native.

It's interesting that Josh was selected for the World Cup Qualifiers but had an injured shoulder at the time, pretty lucky he wasn't involved in that Philippines game tbh. It will be very interesting to see if he is picked for 2020 after his first year with Arizona. If he's a one-and-done, that could also complicate things a little bit, like it did for Simmons who's draft also aligned with the Olympics.

Either way, SG was one of the last positions we really needed to fill, with him looking potentially like being the best after Simmons at this point.

Last edited:

splendidham

Team Captain
Aug 4, 2006
Tokyo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah, judging by one tweet I saw, his nickname is ‘crocodile’. Sounds pretty Aussie to me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
2020 line up?

Simmons
Mills
Ingles
Broekhoff
Baynes

Bench

Maker
Exum
Delly
Creek
Bogut?
Goulding
Bolden?
Are you taking the piss or on it? Exum (if they go small and will be a very good shooter at international level), Maker and Bolden all miles ahead of Broekhoff. Bolden's a very good shooter but a way better rebounder than Ryan and that's almost certainly going to be the Boomer weakness. Bolden's getting better as the year progresses and getting some great reviews from both Philly fans (social media) and being mentioned by commentators for his improvement. You've got him as a questionable selection when he's highly likely to be in the starting five ffs.

Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
Broekhoff is a sure thing to be there, not really sure why that would be questioned. He's an elite shooter and is perfect for international ball, especially pairing him with Simmons/Ingles as creators. Suggesting he starts seems completely fine imo, that's basically the starting 5 I'd roll with too given info we have on guys.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Are you taking the piss or on it? Exum (if they go small and will be a very good shooter at international level), Maker and Bolden all miles ahead of Broekhoff. Bolden's a very good shooter but a way better rebounder than Ryan and that's almost certainly going to be the Boomer weakness. Bolden's getting better as the year progresses and getting some great reviews from both Philly fans (social media) and being mentioned by commentators for his improvement. You've got him as a questionable selection when he's highly likely to be in the starting five ffs.
Exum is not close to a good shooter.

You might want to have a look at the date my line up wss posted. Long before the form Bolden has shown.

Still it's unlikely he'll be as good a shooter as Broekhoff by 2020, and any team with Simmons and Baynes needs to stuff a whole lot of shooting around them.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Exum is not close to a good shooter.

You might want to have a look at the date my line up wss posted. Long before the form Bolden has shown.

Still it's unlikely he'll be as good a shooter as Broekhoff by 2020, and any team with Simmons and Baynes needs to stuff a whole lot of shooting around them.
Exum's very good when left open and has worked tirelessly on his shot action in recent times, but struggles to get open when he plays his back up minutes playing predominately onball. Actually there were reports from summer training that he was hitting threes with ridiculous accuracy. Even in the summer league of 2016/17 he was hitting the three regularly, the lower level of World Championship basketball (compared to NBA) combined with the closer three point line will almost certainly result in him being able to hit his three consistently again. His speed, athleticsim and shot could very well make him a scary proposition at international level. No chance Broekhoff starts ahead of him. Exum could very well lead us in scoring. Baynes can hit the three as will as he was doing so regularly last season in the playoffs and early this year. Not sure what you're on about but it might actually be a good idea to have watched the players you are discussing.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Exum's very good when left open and has worked tirelessly on his shot action in recent times, but struggles to get open when he plays his back up minutes playing predominately onball. Actually there were reports from summer training that he was hitting threes with ridiculous accuracy. Even in the summer league of 2016/17 he was hitting the three regularly, the lower level of World Championship basketball (compared to NBA) combined with the closer three point line will almost certainly result in him being able to hit his three consistently again. His speed, athleticsim and shot could very well make him a scary proposition at international level. No chance Broekhoff starts ahead of him. Exum could very well lead us in scoring. Baynes can hit the three as will as he was doing so regularly last season in the playoffs and early this year. Not sure what you're on about but it might actually be a good idea to have watched the players you are discussing.
Ive watched every Memphis game this year, so I know how poor of a shooter Exum is.

splendidham

Team Captain
Aug 4, 2006
Tokyo
AFL Club
Fremantle
I gotta agree with Sherrif. Dante is an improved shooter, at least catch and shoot. He’s not all there yet but he’s improving a lot and I think he’ll get much better.
On top of that, and not taking anything away from broekhoff, but he’s not even close to the difference maker that Dante is. Dante has won a few games for the Jazz this season when they looked down and out. Like Ben, he can get anywhere he wants to on the floor. His finishing at the rim is improving steadily and he’s learnt a lot of craftiness from Ingles. There is a reason a lot of Jazz fans have been asking for Dante to take over the starting role from Rubio. I’m not gonna say he’s there yet but if he can keep healthy, he’s going to be a star.
Having said that, he’s been pretty fragile till now. Hopefully it’s just a growing into his body thing but it’s very frustrating how often he gets hurt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back