Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a big Simmons fan but that is pretty piss poor.

It was dumb in the first place they were actually considering playing someone they're not able to play in the WC.

It was dumb in the first place they were actually considering playing someone they're not able to play in the WC.
Oh I agree with that. It would've been downright disruptive for such a ball dominant player to play the warm up games and then miss the main event. It's just all the committing to, then pulling out. And it's not just Ben I realise.

Yeah I always thought it was dumb to have him play if he wasn't in the WC (but I can understand why). The way he's screwing the team, the fans and Australia over by committing and pulling out a couple of times though is a terrible look for him and pretty poor form. Going to be a lot of Aussies hating him for the short term at least.

When he pulled out of the WC but was still playing the exhibition games, I thought it might have been pressure from the organisers of the games for him to still play. It does make sense for him not to play if he won’t be playing at the World Cup, but the fans who have paid big money to see the game will be pretty pissed off.

Gees our under 19’s girls threw away a golden opportunity in the gold medal match against the US.

Up by 3 with about 15 seconds left, on the fast break, Chris Anstey’s daughter dribbles away from the basket and picks up her dribble. Then when the defender arrives, swings her elbow and picks up an unsportsmanlike. The Yanks make one free throw, then score off a back door alley oop to force it to overtime, which we lose.

And there is zero doubt she is Anstey’s daughter, looks and runs exactly like him.

Gees our under 19’s girls threw away a golden opportunity in the gold medal match against the US.

Up by 3 with about 15 seconds left, on the fast break, Chris Anstey’s daughter dribbles away from the basket and picks up her dribble. Then when the defender arrives, swings her elbow and picks up an unsportsmanlike. The Yanks make one free throw, then score off a back door alley oop to force it to overtime, which we lose.

And there is zero doubt she is Anstey’s daughter, looks and runs exactly like him.

Sad to watch really. Bit of a dumb offensive foul too.

Not sure its unsportsmanlike...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the top line Americans have pulled out of World Cup as well. The top guys are only in it for the olympics.

Plenty of NBA players opt out of the Olympics too...didnt Simmons do exactly this for 2016?

Also, for the record, Curry, Lebron, Harden and more pulled out of Rio.

Last edited:
I don't agree with tennis being in there either
It's every sport. There is not one sport that blocks participants from making money. There are also sports where participants earn very little, but they are not amateur sports. Dont get your logic at all. Punish people who want to make a living in their chosen field for the sake of having a poorer sporting event every 4 years and for the Olympic movement to die out as you would not be watching the best athletes. I thought it took way to long for professional athletes to be eligible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back