Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Maker definitely not a lock for the Olympics atm.
If he runs himself into any semblance of form he's potentially a very valuable bench piece for the Boomers. When he starts blocking and hitting threes he has the potential to be a real fire starter and get everyone going but yeah I would have thought both him and Bolden would be better than what they currently are. A bit disappointed.

Josh Green with 6 points, 10 rebounds and 2 assists on his Arizona debut.
Bit dyslexic there.
He had 10 points, 6 boards, 2 assists, 2steals. Nice first game.

Saw some great passes on brief highlights.
1/4 from deep.

Josh Green had a very nice game - particularly with his shooting.
20 points (7/13 from field, 4/7 from 3, 2/2 from line) + 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 0 turnovers.

His PG Nico Mannion - also highly rated looks a passing gun so could really boost Greens stats across the year.

Now averaging
15 points, 5.5 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, 0 turnovers per game
shooting splits 50/45/71

Has the athleticism - if he can continue shooting it well, he'll be highly coveted come draft time.

A big sized shooting guard, who can knock down the three while being a lock down defender. We could use that on the boomers
Went 0/3 in game 3
8 points on 10 shots, 0 FTs, 4 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals

Pretty nice start in his first 3 games. Would have taken that at the start of the season.

Would love him to aim for ~14 points, 5 boards, 2.5 assists, 1 steal, 35% from 3. Get to the line for ~3 Ft per game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank god. I didn't expect them to actually commit to sacking Lemannis.

That puts a lines through Lemmanis' Brisbane buddies making the team lol.

I hope it doesn't hurt Kay/Creek/Gouldings chances too much after how well they did at the WC.

Brown not confident with elton brand have the guillotine lever you reckon, or his faith in joell and simmons to get it done ?
I don't know about the security of Brown's tenure as coach, although his players appear to have his back.

It's a smart appointment, he's a good coach and 95% of the players involved in national team training sessions are located in the USA. Aussie basketballers in the NBA are all keen to represent the country at the Olympics so arranging training sessions won't be an issue.

Add to that, two (one at least) players are located at his own training facility, which makes it harder for the Sixers to kybosh national team participation.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I don't know about the security of Brown's tenure as coach, although his players appear to have his back.

It's a smart appointment, he's a good coach and 95% of the players involved in national team training sessions are located in the USA. Aussie basketballers in the NBA are all keen to represent the country at the Olympics so arranging training sessions won't be an issue.

Add to that, two (one at least) players are located at his own training facility, which makes it harder for the Sixers to kybosh national team participation.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
good points.

i add, he needs to bring bolden to japan, but bolden is one the bubble for the 10-13 players, behind thon maker, and brand may have traded out bolden by january 2020

he can bring copes and bradtke the sixers alumni

Thank god. I didn't expect them to actually commit to sacking Lemannis.

That puts a lines through Lemmanis' Brisbane buddies making the team lol.

I hope it doesn't hurt Kay/Creek/Gouldings chances too much after how well they did at the WC.

gliddon?

Surprised he lasted this long after we tanked one of our group games with him at the helm to try to avoid the US team at the 2014 WC.
Attempting to justify selecting Sobey & Gliddon ahead of Creek, and not even playing them, was also a bit of a low point imo.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back