Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dante Exum reportedly traded to the Cavs.
He's traded. Just had 28 point game against Twolves. Scored 24 points in the second half including 14 Cavs points in a row. Hopefully this is the confidence he needs, Was 4/4 from deep too. Our most important Boomer. Could be an absolute gun if he gets some confidence.

He's traded. Just had 28 point game against Twolves. Scored 24 points in the second half including 14 Cavs points in a row. Hopefully this is the confidence he needs, Was 4/4 from deep too. Our most important Boomer. Could be an absolute gun if he gets some confidence.

Got them back in front, so what does Beilein do, benches him.

FMD.

Got them back in front, so what does Beilein do, benches him.

FMD.
Yeah. I know, but hey best news in a while for him. Still think he only needs confidence and playing time to get better. All the skills and his shooting is much better than most aussie fans think. Really want Simmons to play a pick and roll centre role for the Boomers, with Mills, Ingles, baynes and Dante in the starting five at the next Olympics.Dante at the point.

Doesn't mean he wants to play for us, but it turns out Matisse Thybulle actually does have an Australian citizenship which was verified by the 76ers.

Doesn't mean he wants to play for us, but it turns out Matisse Thybulle actually does have an Australian citizenship which was verified by the 76ers.
We’d be stupid to not try and convince him to play for us.

Bolden waived by the Sixers.

A good article on Ben Simmons

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Not sure what happened with Jonah. Seemed on a really good trajectory and then imploded a bit. Hopefully he gets another shot to make something happen for himself in the NBA

Bolden waived by the Sixers.

No surprises there.

Think his potential will be unfulfilled. Cracked the sads and bailed on UCLA, then did the same at the Boomers. I hope he gets his s**t together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolden is gonna need to do a lot of work to get back onto another NBA roster. Only averaged 11.6 points in the G-league this season. I can see him skipping the Olympics if selected so he can prepare himself for the Summer League, although playing at the Olympics could help his reputation. Also Brown being the coach of the Boomers could potentially be an issue for him.

Happy to see Thon getting increased minutes, hopes he makes the most of the opportunity. Would love to see some consistency. Had a season high 19 points yesterday in 34.5 minutes.

Broekhoff also suddenly in the rotation for the 1st time in his NBA career since Jan 29.

Last edited:
Thybulle seemingly not ruling out playing for the Boomers, definitely interested in playing in the Olympics, may just depend on if Team USA show interest in him or not.

Last edited:
Thybulle seemingly not ruling out playing for the Boomers, definitely interested in playing in the Olympics, may just depend on if Team USA show interest in him or not.
Play decent minutes for Aus or only get WC games when the top 30 pull out for the yanks. Not a hard choice if thought through logically. What country you identify with though isn’t exactly logical though...

Broekhoff reportedly about to be waived so the Mavs can sign another player.

Broekhoff reportedly about to be waived so the Mavs can sign another player.
He's a stretch forward who shoots the 3 at almost 40% and plays D. I expect to see him end up on another NBA roster

He's a stretch forward who shoots the 3 at almost 40% and plays D. I expect to see him end up on another NBA roster

It’s a shame though. That golden era we all hoped for a couple of years ago, is starting to dissipate.

Simmons, Baynes, Mills and Ingles are our only real solid NBA players, which is basically the same position we were in, albeit with an unexposed Simmons.

We’ve got Delly, Exum, Maker and Broekhoff scrapping for minutes, and as much as I love Delly, he probably won’t get a contract next year. Bolden waived, Deng Adel floating around the periphery in the G league, there were high hopes for Humphries 3 or 4 years ago.

Some of these players are still young, and we have Green coming through, and possibly Landale might get a contract at some point. But I think it’s fair to say that most hoped our NBA contingent was going to be stronger than this.

Not sure what happened with Jonah. Seemed on a really good trajectory and then imploded a bit. Hopefully he gets another shot to make something happen for himself in the NBA
I think Jonah isn't quite as good as he thinks he is

It’s a shame though. That golden era we all hoped for a couple of years ago, is starting to dissipate.

Simmons, Baynes, Mills and Ingles are our only real solid NBA players, which is basically the same position we were in, albeit with an unexposed Simmons.

We’ve got Delly, Exum, Maker and Broekhoff scrapping for minutes, and as much as I love Delly, he probably won’t get a contract next year. Bolden waived, Deng Adel floating around the periphery in the G league, there were high hopes for Humphries 3 or 4 years ago.

Some of these players are still young, and we have Green coming through, and possibly Landale might get a contract at some point. But I think it’s fair to say that most hoped our NBA contingent was going to be stronger than this.
So 7 contracted NBA players. 1 a 2x all star, another starter on a 50 win team, 1 a key bench player for a perennial 50 win team over the last decade, 1 Aaron *’en Baynes.

in Addition to the 7 contracted we have two who were last week and are good chances to be picked up again.

things have changed when that’s not enough...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back