Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have thought his Philly firing would have enabled him to concentrate on the Aussie job and relaunch his coaching career with an Olympic medal

NBA is scheduled to play through the current olympic timeslot.

Unlikely we're going to see much (if any) NBA players / coaches participating.

I'm assuming Brown is anticipating picking up a gig somewhere in the NBA

Can't blame Brown. With things so complicated, it's probably best to make the call now and give everyone plenty of time to figure out the next move.

2020 can fu** right off already, this is sh*t.

We are probably going to end up with Brendan Joyce the way things are going.
Daniel Joyce starting point guard or spark off the bench?

NBA is scheduled to play through the current olympic timeslot.

Unlikely we're going to see much (if any) NBA players / coaches participating.

I'm assuming Brown is anticipating picking up a gig somewhere in the NBA
Really no point in holding the basketball tournament at the Olympics if this is the case with the compromised availablity of players.
I hope that the season can still begin in January.
If not, I wonder if they can run it as a standalone tournament following the conclusion of the NBA playoffs.
Wonder what our chances will be in a tournament without NBA talent and a USA team stacked with NBA stars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simmons has declared that he wants to play in the Olympics if possible. There is only 3 days between game 7 of the NBA Finals and the start of the Olympics basketball competition.
Means little at this stage since he said the same regarding the World Cup, then just the exhibition games, but ended up deciding against participating in either.

Simmons has declared that he wants to play in the Olympics if possible. There is only 3 days between game 7 of the NBA Finals and the start of the Olympics basketball competition.
Means little at this stage since he said the same regarding the World Cup, then just the exhibition games, but ended up deciding against participating in either.
So basically just hope the Sixers don’t make the NBA finals.

I know Dame already came out and said he will only play for USA if the Blazers don’t make the finals, and I’m assuming most NBA players would be taking a similar approach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back