Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams will be lining up to get him. He had a bad year but it was also under a new coach in their first year. His stats fell off dramatically this year with Doc in charge. Yeah he was poor but I don't think the coach helped him that much with running some plays for him to get him a easy basket eg Some plays with Seth and Ben worked really well yet Doc barely went with that.
lol no-one is lining up for this 4 year contract:

simmons contract.jpg

A point guard whose shooting has gone backwards and is so bad, he is now reduced to bringing the ball over the halfway line then handing off to someone else, before standing in the dunkers spot spectating. An "all-star" who gets benched late in games during the playoffs....

Simmons is worth a third of that contract if he is lucky.

tbh, if he had come out and said that he was mentally fried and doesn't have a major international tournament in him, I'd be okay with it. But hiding behind 'skill development' is pretty poor. He has had 8 or so years in the system - from the AIS, which he left to go beat up on kids in the US, to college, which he didn't take seriously, to the NBA, where he's even had his coach beg him to shoot in games - to develop a shot...

And even if it is about working on his shot, I'm sure that the Boomers wouldn't mind him going and spending an hour or so everyday working out away from the team. Hell, most of the them would rebound his misses for him if needed. It's just such a flimsy excuse.

I wonder how four n twenty are feeling right now?

tbh, if he had come out and said that he was mentally fried and doesn't have a major international tournament in him, I'd be okay with it. But hiding behind 'skill development' is pretty poor. He has had 8 or so years in the system - from the AIS, which he left to go beat up on kids in the US, to college, which he didn't take seriously, to the NBA, where he's even had his coach beg him to shoot in games - to develop a shot...

And even if it is about working on his shot, I'm sure that the Boomers wouldn't mind him going and spending an hour or so everyday working out away from the team. Hell, most of the them would rebound his misses for him if needed. It's just such a flimsy excuse.

The four n twenty ad is actually a piss take now.

Funny you mention that.

That ad pisses me off because Simmons is mocking his greatest weakness in an ad for ******* meat pies.

Could you imagine MJ or LeBron ever letting a commercial making fun of any perceived weakness in their game? Hell no, they’d tell them to * off, walk out of the room and straight into the gym to work on that flaw.

Hopefully the fact this has 'leaked' before he's made any sort of official statement or notification to the team means they can get in first with an outline of their plans as a team and for him. If the boys all get around him hopefully he changes his mind and buys into the boomers mentality. Even just getting him to camp is a good start.

I feel pretty bad for the backlash he's receiving for Philly's play-off performance, I don't think he deserves as much of the blame as he's getting for thwm crumbling and he's just being used as the scapegoat.

I think being on the boomers would be amazing for him, and a lot of ex boomers are saying the same thing. I'd be very disappointed if he doesn't line up for Boomers in Tokyo, if he doesn't i think he might never wear the green and gold.

Geez thats a bit of a crook take - he is a three time all star, second in DPOY, first team defence play by the time he is 24. Tomic is a bum that didn't really accomplish anything.

Wasnt Tomic one of the youngest quarter finalist in a long time at wimbledon , some impressive davis cup games.

His mentality is what im referring to. When i say Tomic vibes. No doubting his talent. I don't know , in my opinion for me if i was a top sportsman id pay respect to the nation that would have made pathways and funding to get me to where i am. Simmons has done none of that , not saying he has to or must. But its easy for people to forget where they come from when they make it

lol no-one is lining up for this 4 year contract:

View attachment 1161128

A point guard whose shooting has gone backwards and is so bad, he is now reduced to bringing the ball over the halfway line then handing off to someone else, before standing in the dunkers spot spectating. An "all-star" who gets benched late in games during the playoffs....

Simmons is worth a third of that contract if he is lucky.

You'd be surprised at what contracts NBA teams pick up from other teams.

Hopefully the fact this has 'leaked' before he's made any sort of official statement or notification to the team means they can get in first with an outline of their plans as a team and for him. If the boys all get around him hopefully he changes his mind and buys into the boomers mentality. Even just getting him to camp is a good start.

I feel pretty bad for the backlash he's receiving for Philly's play-off performance, I don't think he deserves as much of the blame as he's getting for thwm crumbling and he's just being used as the scapegoat.

I think being on the boomers would be amazing for him, and a lot of ex boomers are saying the same thing. I'd be very disappointed if he doesn't line up for Boomers in Tokyo, if he doesn't i think he might never wear the green and gold.

I'm just gonna say one thing. They blew a 26 point lead in a game. People blaming him for that blown game have no idea. Yeah he was terrible from the FT line but the team came out in the third quarter like they had the game won. Turned the ball over 8 times in the third when Atlanta were doing nothing on the offensive end. They should've had a 30+ lead at 3 quarter time and it would've been game over. Yet Ben gets the blame. And yes he was horrible in the last few games of the series I'm not excusing him of that but I think the hate his copping from the USA atm is over the top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like Andrew Gaze maybe involved. I think a lot of discussion will be with his father to encourage the positives of playing for the Boomers. Simmons rarely smiles, which suggests he has some demons himself.

Wasnt Tomic one of the youngest quarter finalist in a long time at wimbledon , some impressive davis cup games.

His mentality is what im referring to. When i say Tomic vibes. No doubting his talent. I don't know , in my opinion for me if i was a top sportsman id pay respect to the nation that would have made pathways and funding to get me to where i am. Simmons has done none of that , not saying he has to or must. But its easy for people to forget where they come from when they make it
Don’t disagree. But ever since the super max came into fruition, winning a chip, and or making All Star teams etc is more valuable to player, franchise and owner.
Why isn’t everyone after Doncic after he pulled out of the Olympics ? And Jokic, who could arguably win a Gold with the squad Serbia has. Priorities have shifted the last decade.

Don’t disagree. But ever since the super max came into fruition, winning a chip, and or making All Star teams etc is more valuable to player, franchise and owner.
Why isn’t everyone after Doncic after he pulled out of the Olympics ? And Jokic, who could arguably win a Gold with the squad Serbia has. Priorities have shifted the last decade.

Isnt he helping them qualify for the olympics

Luka has already been playing games with Slovenia since being eliminated, so I’d be shocked if he pulled out.

Agree on Jokic, I think he got a pass because he went with the rest angle and is coming off an MVP season. I’d be pissed if I were Serbia though.

Isnt he helping them qualify for the olympics
My bad, he is.
Remember the World Cup recently with USA players just not bothering to nominate. It’s unnecessary for them. The schedule is a joke.

A bubble in 2020. No crowd for most of this season and now looming as a vaccinated bubble in Tokyo not even a few weeks after playoffs/finals are completed.

Not all players are like Mills, Della, Baynes. Which is unfortunate. None of those, however, is a pick 1, a star player and earning super max. What’s wrong with having the opposite of an ‘Aussie Battler.’.

The Americans are putting together a pretty formidable squad. KD, Dame, Booker, Tatum, Harden, Beal, Bam and Draymond have all committed so far. That said Curry, LeBron and Spida have all officially opted out.
Luckily for us, it doesn’t look like any more superstars are going to commit for them, as the most recent group of commitments are Khris Middleton, Kevin Love and Jrue Holiday.

Interesting leak from within the 76ers:

“I just received a text from someone very, very close to the situation in Philadelphia about Ben Simmons. This is a quote, it’s not me, it’s them. Quote: ‘He doesn’t work, he doesn’t listen, and everyone around him is family, and he’s constantly babied’.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back