Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben back injury
Cool your jets doctor.

Sources told ESPN that Simmons arrived at and left the team's practice facility Thursday without participating in the planned workout. He described the back tightness to Sixers staff members but was cleared by the team's medical staff to participate in the workout, sources told Wojnarowski.
-- https://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_...rkout-philadelphia-76ers-facility-sources-say

Also from that article:
During an interview on 97.5 The Fanatic on Thursday, Sixers president Daryl Morey said "this could take four years" and that "people should buckle in."

Couldn't find a Ben Simmons thread so I thought I'd post this in here. MODs please move if required. My thoughts on Ben's situation and why finds himself in this prediciment.

I've followed Ben pretty closely since LSU days. As a sixers fan I couldn't have been more excited when Ben got drafted 1st overall in the 2016 draft. I've watched almost all of his games at the sixers and listened to most of his post game press conferences as I find them pretty good insight into how and what a player is thinking.

Firstly, Ben is not a overly deep thinker of the game. Every time I've heard him talk about the game it is usually things like... We need to play harder, stop being soft or we played too slow. There is never a technical analysis of how the game played out unlike most NBA players. This doesn't disqualify Ben from being a good or even a great player but it tells me that he is not that into the intricacies game.

Secondly and most importantly Ben strikes me as someone that has not done many difficulties things in his life but more pertinently in Basketball. Ben is the most athletically gifted athlete in the NBA besides say Giannis and Lebron and that is saying something given how athletic the average NBA player is. Because of this gift, Ben was never adequately challenged in his development and rise to basketball prominence. He never needed to shoot because he was stronger, taller and faster than everyone else. He never learnt how to lose or face failure and find that inner resolve to improve and work through a difficult situation. Due to these natural gifts Ben was drafter 1st overall and handed a max $225M contract in his rookie extension. In Ben's mind, why change ? Why listen to the coach or fans ? He become ultra wealthy, dated beautiful women and made all but 1 all star team he has been available to be selected for. Because of this Ben resilience was never challenged. Resilience isn't taught in the film room it learnt through experience. So when Ben faces his first major challenge in his life instead of working through it and finding ways to improve his weakness Ben would rather tarnish his reputation and lose millions of dollars. In fact, I think the best thing for Ben's development is for Daryle Morey and the sixers to hold him to his contract and force him to play at least some games with them. It will teach him that when you do difficult things and face your fears you'll actually learn so much about yourself and the next difficult thing won't be as daunting as you actually imagine to be.

So Bitch Simmons has faked a back injury to get out of appearing at the 76ers first home game of the season... colour me shocked.

A lot of talk he will play the mental health card soon and thats something you can stretch out for whatever length of time is convenient.

reckon 76ers trade him before the trade deadline. no way they're going to have him as a distraction in the run to the playoffs. Trailblazers likely if the bomb the 1st half of the season. Lowkey keen for Lillard to ask for a trade, would be an awesome partnership with Embiid and fit the sixers fanbase profile.

So b*tch Simmons has faked a back injury to get out of appearing at the 76ers first home game of the season... colour me shocked.

A lot of talk he will play the mental health card soon and thats something you can stretch out for whatever length of time is convenient.

Reports saying he already has...

reckon 76ers trade him before the trade deadline. no way they're going to have him as a distraction in the run to the playoffs. Trailblazers likely if the bomb the 1st half of the season. Lowkey keen for Lillard to ask for a trade, would be an awesome partnership with Embiid and fit the sixers fanbase profile.
Big big fan of Morey going on radio and bluntly saying buckle up, this will take awhile and it might go on for 4 years..
Now obviously it won't, but sending a loud message to Ben that Philly aren't just doing it cos Ben wants out, basically get your arse to practice, actually put the work in and increase make it so we can get a good trade or we'll just wait until we can get a trade we are happy with

Pompey] There's scheduled to be an enhanced police/security presence at the Wells Fargo Center tonight for what was expected to Ben Simmons’ first home game, a league source said. The source expects the enhanced presence to remain even though Simmons won’t play

Essendon fans of the nba

Pompey] There's scheduled to be an enhanced police/security presence at the Wells Fargo Center tonight for what was expected to Ben Simmons’ first home game, a league source said. The source expects the enhanced presence to remain even though Simmons won’t play

Essendon fans of the nba
* off *******. Essendon fans are much better in this regard than Richmond.

Reports saying he already has...

Not ready for the game but If he has mental health issues for the next four years Morey pays him all his money - for sitting.

Woj] "There is a provision in the collective bargaining agreement that protects players' salary for failing to render services "if such failure has been caused by the player's mental disability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back