Australian basketball.

Yeah I watch him regularly and his teammates miss so many easy baskets that kill his assists tallies every game.
Probably the only reason he doesn’t already have a triple double to his name.

Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
After tonight's game vs Utah Giddey leads all rookies in assists with 5.8 per game, while sitting eighth in scoring at 10.8 points per game, third in rebounding at 7.3 per game, tied for fifth in steals at 1.0 per game and fourth in blocks at 0.6 per game.
As the above posters have stated he would be higher on assists if his team mates did their bit. His rebounding is impressive too.
Adding this from a news article

He would probably be averaging a double-double with ease in points and assists if more of his well-placed passes were converted by his Thunder teammates as he averages 11.5 potential assists a game, which ranks 21st in the league.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
After tonight's game vs Utah Giddey leads all rookies in assists with 5.8 per game, while sitting eighth in scoring at 10.8 points per game, third in rebounding at 7.3 per game, tied for fifth in steals at 1.0 per game and fourth in blocks at 0.6 per game.
As the above posters have stated he would be higher on assists if his team mates did their bit. His rebounding is impressive too.
Adding this from a news article

He would probably be averaging a double-double with ease in points and assists if more of his well-placed passes were converted by his Thunder teammates as he averages 11.5 potential assists a game, which ranks 21st in the league.
Potential assists is a flawed stat, i love Giddey but he would not be averaging 10+ assists on any team.

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Potential assists is a flawed stat, i love Giddey but he would not be averaging 10+ assists on any team.
His usage rate isn’t high enough for that. Only one player in nba is actually averaging 10 assists per game. The point is he’s creating a lot of shots though that his teammates can’t convert.

he’s currently 19th in assists per game at 5.8, if his teammates could score could he be at 7.5? That’s too 10

Oct 4, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Josh Giddey named Western Conference rookie of the month

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Back