Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
because the ball isn't in possession of the grizzles
I get that. Technically it's not really in dispute either though. Grizz had possession courtside and never turned it over.
It's a stupid loophole if a player could get away with taking over 30sec to get over half court while the ball is in play but nobody has touched it.
There'd be nothing to stop him from running the entire game clock down if nobody came up to defend.

Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Did you watch the game? He was praised for his attacking mindset.

Why does he need to score? They are overflowing with scoring. Similar to draymond - warriors who's 5ppg fits in fine
Yes I watched the whole game, and todays game and all his other games. I’ve watched him go backwards from his first couple of years to be a complete shadow of the player he was. He’s now so scared of attacking the rim he’s basically a non entity on offence apart from the odd pass. Most of his assists at the moment are DHO’s with someone standing right next to him.
The reason he needs to score or at least look like he’s going to score is the defence just sags off him and clogs up the area for his teammates or they double team Durant/Kyrie coz they know Ben is not a threat. Even his defence is rubbish at the moment so he’s not offering much.
At least he went 3 from 5 at the charity stripe today. That’s some improvement at least. 👍

How much more of this from Ben before the argument of “is Ben even in our best team if he makes himself available” becomes a thing?

How much more of this from Ben before the argument of “is Ben even in our best team if he makes himself available” becomes a thing?
He's 3 games back from over a full season out. Definitely time to be pressing the panic button.

He's 3 games back from over a full season out. Definitely time to be pressing the panic button.
Well that's kinda part of the point, he's looking like a shadow of even the player he was in college, is a bit of a sook (see: sat out a year) and I'm really not sure if he's that much of a difference maker to offset the possible negatives he could bring to the locker room.

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Well that's kinda part of the point, he's looking like a shadow of even the player he was in college, is a bit of a sook (see: sat out a year) and I'm really not sure if he's that much of a difference maker to offset the possible negatives he could bring to the locker room.
By sit out a year you mean his back was stuffed? I thought it was accepted now his back was actually in a bad way

Oct 4, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
By sit out a year you mean his back was stuffed? I thought it was accepted now his back was actually in a bad way
Yep, you don't have back surgery for no reason.

As troubled as Ben's career has been, it's reasonable to cut him some slack as a screwed back makes it hard to play.

If he's still struggling in January/February then I'll be concerned but for now, just let him get back to trusting his body.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Yeah it clearly was when he got to the Nets, but I have some doubts that the issues were present at the start of the season with the Sixers.

Dyson Daniels finally getting some run, has had the job on Luka at stages and has done a good job. Also has 9pts (on perfect shooting), 3rebs, 2asts, 2stls and a block at the half. Has played 15 minutes.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

NBA coaches recently voted him the best defender...

NBA coaches recently voted him the best defender...
This season? While I find that hard to believe I guess it isn't a stretch. I'm more saying that if this continues over the course of the season that this could become a very real question.

Josh Green with 10 points (3/3 from 3), 4 rebounds, 1 assist and 1 steal in 13 minutes as Dallas beat the Nets

If he can get reliable from deep look out. Will end up a starter somewhere.

Oct 4, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Josh Green leads the NBA (players who have played 15 minutes or more a game) in net rating with 32.8.
Offensive rating: 124.1
Defensive rating: 91.2

Back