Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

What a 5 that would be. Absolutely no spacing and no post play. You'd have Simmons setting picks for Giddey, rolling to the elbow, getting a pass and kicking it out to 25% three point shooters on the wing, without even looking at the basket. Then the possession would end with Green or Daniels shooting a contested pull up, with Thybulle just standing in corner.

Pure poetry.

As we all know, the best way to score against the best rim protector in the world is to let him stay in the paint every possession.

Daniels and green are shooting 3s at 50%

Is it unreasonable to assume Josh Giddey will make the All Star game as soon as next season (esp as Chris Paul looks really near the end) ?

Probably 2 seasons after is a more realistic projection tbh
It's tough cause the west has it's fair share of all-star level guards currently. Luka, Steph, Booker, SGA, Morant are a few that spring to mind pretty quickly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's tough cause the west has it's fair share of all-star level guards currently. Luka, Steph, Booker, SGA, Morant are a few that spring to mind pretty quickly

That's what annoys me about today's NBA and it's current definition of point guards, none of them really play the position as defined.
Most if them I think play the role of shooting guard most of the time (although SGA is a very good playmaker)

That's what annoys me about today's NBA and it's current definition of point guards, none of them really play the position as defined.
Most if them I think play the role of shooting guard most of the time (although SGA is a very good playmaker)
What are you talking about? Luka, Steph and Morant are point guards by any definition.

Haven't been following the NBA/NBL as closely in the last few months. Based on current form, what's a 12 man Boomers team for a hypothetical tournament starting in say, a couple of months time?

Mills
Giddey
Green
Daniels
Goulding
Thybulle
Ingles
Simmons
White
Kay
Landale
Reath

Realise Ingles has been injured and Simmons not shown much interest in playing in the past. Would it be anything close to that? Have probably missed out a couple of obvious inclusions.

Haven't been following the NBA/NBL as closely in the last few months. Based on current form, what's a 12 man Boomers team for a hypothetical tournament starting in say, a couple of months time?

Mills
Giddey
Green
Daniels
Goulding
Thybulle
Ingles
Simmons
White
Kay
Landale
Reath

Realise Ingles has been injured and Simmons not shown much interest in playing in the past. Would it be anything close to that? Have probably missed out a couple of obvious inclusions.
I don’t think that’s too far off the mark. At a glance Exum is the obvious omission. Xavier Cooks is the NBL player knocking down the door. Thon Maker would be in the mix.

Oh yeah, was thinking there was someone playing in Europe that I'd forgotten, which was Exum. And have read Cooks has been playing at a high level. Would be good to see Maker contribute at that level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back