Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Checked King's stats in the G-League, and they aren't great.... maybe he's been better recently. Think they just named all the young Ignite players.

Daniels not named isn't end of world. he's been good, but stats don't jump out. If he played for a crap team he might have had more opportunity and "better" stats. He's going to have a long career.
Looking around Twitter and it seems he’s had a couple of good games. Seems to be getting talked about as a mid second round pick.

Can't see it happening. OKC are loaded with talented young players with multiple picks coming. They need to trade players out, not bring players in, especially players who aren't as good/young as the ones they have.

Yep OKC are loaded but they don't have a vet who plays apart from Muscala. Mills fits the vet role with playoff experience, good culture etc. He gives them another 3point ball handing player. He's been s**t soo far this season though. That type of player is someone OKC could target imo, especially with a young team.

I think the FIBA 3pt line will help us a little bit with the shooting.

Small sample sizes but Landale & Thybulle have put up +40% on shorter 3s.

Giddey has improved a bit as well, especially on corner 3s which will be relevant if we play Simmons and him together (if Simmons opts in).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Green having a game against Utah without Luka and Kyrie. Up to 27, 6 and 2 half way through the fourth with the Mavs leading. A massive +31, next best is +15
Finishes with a career high 29.

I hope he doesn't get traded since he compliments luka and kyrie very well. Biggest improvement is his consistent 3pt shooting.

Starting to think about what our starting 5/side could look like at the World Cup…

Giddey
Mills
Green
Simmons?
Landale

Exum
Daniels
Thybulle
Kay
Reath
Ingles
Goulding

White or Cooks if Simmons is a no I guess.

I think people need to let go of the Simmons what ifs. Even if he sorts himself out enough to stay in the NBA (no guarantees) there is zero chance he ever suits up for the Boomers.
Nah that’s bullshit

Firstly, what do you mean “stay in the nba”?

The guys coasting and massively underperforming, but he’s not remotely close to being turfed. Hes currently contracted until 2025.

Secondly, if Ben says he wants to play for the boomers, he walks into the side, no matter how flush with nba players we are right now.

Would I want to bet on him playing? No. But to say it will never ever happen is hogwash. Why shouldn’t basketball fans allow for the possibility. Literally no one here is saying he’s remotely a sure thing to suit up for the boomers.

Can't see him being traded given he is likely to be their defensive person to compliment the big two offensive players.
Green is suddenly a very important player for the Mavs. In many ways how he steps up in terms of replacing what Dorian Finney-Smith brought to the team defensively will play a huge role if the Mavs are to contend.

Green is suddenly a very important player for the Mavs. In many ways how he steps up in terms of replacing what Dorian Finney-Smith brought to the team defensively will play a huge role if the Mavs are to contend.
I think they rate him so highly that Green is a big part of the reason they felt they could make that trade.

He will very likely start for them, is an upgrade offensively over Doe Doe and is a very strong defender. MAV fans love him, his growth this year has been crazy and injury is the only thing that really hid his break out year

I think they rate him so highly that Green is a big part of the reason they felt they could make that trade.

He will very likely start for them, is an upgrade offensively over Doe Doe and is a very strong defender. MAV fans love him, his growth this year has been crazy and injury is the only thing that really hid his break out year
The growth really has been quite remarkable. There was a while there where it didn’t look like it was going to happen and we were going to have a bit of a bust on our hands, but now he’s genuinely looking like he can be a top tier role player in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back