The future of tennis

Remove this Banner Ad

Forget fast four, would any tournament or event think of tinkering with current rules e.g. one serve, balls to last longer than 7,9 games etc. Takes out the serve bot factor.

Tennis was fine before Fedalovic & Serena started goating. There was a period 3-5 years back when the early 90s gen was a bit sucky and the future was starting to look a bit vulnerable, but in the last few years the mens and especially womens game has rebounded and flooded with plenty of interesting young stars.

Just watched the highlights of the 02 wimbledon final (hewitt v nalbandian). Apart from being surprised how varied the game was (wasn't as baseline focussed as everyone has told me) i enjoyed the style of play much more than current day styles. Outside of watching a Fed v Nadal or Djokovic, i often find the modern game has too much of an advantage towards power as opposed to placement (yes i know you could argue we have the worlds best placer of the ball in djokovic).

Similar to cricket having an unhealthy emphasis on batsman, has Tennis started to lose its way from its true roots.

Would hate a tour dominated by nothing but 6ft 11 serve bots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back