The future of the ABC - Guthrie sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets not forget this is the turd who illegally hacked phones

Moron. He did no such thing and had no knowledge of it.

Because an enterprise is privately owned should not give it the right to lie, distort, manipulate, inflame et al. It's arrant nonsense to suggest they should not be held to the same high standards as public broadcasters.

#toothfairy
#rainbowsandunicorns

btw. Still waiting for evidence the ABC is biased. Waiting! Waiting!

Example of its usual BS on the issue of illegal immigrants.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...t-on-asylum-seeker-claims-20140204-31zft.html

http://www.naurugov.nr/government-i...all-for-abc-bias-and-unethical-reporting.aspx

If anyone here needs reminding of just how much of an apologist Meds is for monopolized, propaganda & censorship pushing tabloid turds, then here's your answer peeps.

monopolised??? There is free competition. Unlike the ABC and its inherent advantages. See the UK where of the four main (five is a joke) channels four are publicly owned! There is your monopoly. Oh but boo hoo lets forget that and Jimmy Saville and Robert Maxwell and cry about Rupert.

Would you hate him as much if his mother wasnt of a certain religion?

monopolised??? There is free competition. Unlike the ABC and its inherent advantages. See the UK where of the four main (five is a joke) channels four are publicly owned! There is your monopoly. Oh but boo hoo lets forget that and Jimmy Saville and Robert Maxwell and cry about Rupert.

I see you don't know much about the Oz industry then....Are we still talking about Oz & the ABC or England & the BBC now?

Let me know when you've landed.

I see you don't know much about the Oz industry then....Are we still talking about Oz & the ABC or England & the BBC now?

So it's Murdochs fault that Fairfax produced rubbish at The Age and SMH? Is there a restriction on new entrants? The ABC has a very priviliged position / media dominance in certain areas. Odd how noone has a problem with that.

Hopeless argument.

All Meds has identity politics. Nothing else.

Given up the pretence of trying to make an argument these days. Clever by you. It wasn't going well.

One wonders how monopoly issues are gender politics. Then again one wonders why a grown person would live in mummy's basement and search for neo nazis on the interweb all day.

Given up the pretence of trying to make an argument these days. Clever by you. It wasn't going well.

One wonders how monopoly issues are gender politics. Then again one wonders why a grown person would live in mummy's basement and search for neo nazis on the interweb all day.
Don't conservatives drop dead on the spot if someone calls them a racist?

If you punch a women in the forest and nobody is watching does it count?

Why would you want to punch a woman? Sick campaigner.

Don't conservatives drop dead on the spot if someone calls them a racist?

This is your muppet left textbook hypocrisy, they feel they have the right to falsely claim others are racist and then in the same breath demand 18c protection against hurt feelings.

If anyone here needs reminding of just how much of an apologist Meds is for monopolized, propaganda & censorship pushing tabloid turds, then here's your answer peeps.
I know you enjoy taking the simpletons posts to pieces in order to highlight what a birdbrain he is, but he's a forum flamer/troll mate. Bit like shooting fish in a bowl for you I know, but responding only allows those creatures to get their rocks off.

A little earlier the putz claimed the Dirty Digger knew nothing of the phone hacking. Even though he - Murdoch - was caught on tape saying he believed the practice was part of the Fleet Street culture and his people had done nothing different. Funny that! And his son and CEO admitted at the inquiry to "being aware of a damning email that contained evidence of widespread phone hacking" After apologising for "misleading" the inquiry -read lying - during his first appearance. Of course that matter would never have formed part of any conversation between the two during their many inquiry briefings. Heaven forfend. Seems porky pie telling is hereditary.

Let him troll away and ignore the imbecility.

Let him troll away and ignore the imbecility.

Mixture of lies and stupidity as usual. Murdoch junior wasn't even charged.

No evidence to suggest he knew what was going on until it blew up. Likewise Brooks was found not guilty.

The old man was way too busy turning Fox in to a global behemoth. Unlike the ABC, a backward small minded, try harder media minnow.

Maybe post on a topic you actually know something about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you want to punch anybody? Sick campaigner!
He's the Andrew Blot of the forum, Maggie. Errors, distortions, inflammatory language - all there. Anyone who has read the books by former Dirty Digger editors Andrew Neil and Bruce Guthrie would know the flamers accounts are largely arrant nonsense.

Both Neil and Guthrie confirmed his main interest is tabloid journalism and he gives those editors far less scope than those of broadsheets. The claim the Dirty Digger did not know of the hacking scandal because he said so is risable. Sure! Let's ignore the published commentary of Neil and Guthrie, the leaked tapes, the fact his son, CEO and confidante at the time lied to the inquiry about his knowledge of the hacking and the Dirty diggers record of dissembling.

The Dirty Diggers Australian chairman once said "Most company boards meet to take decisions. Ours meets to ratify yours" The Sergeant Schultz defence of the Dirty Digger is laughable.

Remember the Macbeth line when reading his stuff "..... a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury. Signifying nothing.”

P35 seems to like taking him apart piece by piece though.

Anyway, there's a Blot thread. This is about the ABC.

Question for you Meds, What would you like to see changed at the ABC & and how would you like to see them changed?

BTW, having spoken to numerous Libs on this topic, I always find it counter-intuitive that they want the ABC to keep all of the loss leaders (bushfire announcements for the country, talk radio) but they want to sell all of the profitable arms of the ABC (or stop the potential of profitable arms from flourishing).

But the majority of Australians support gay marriage
The majority would want a fairer treatment of refugees
The majority of Australian believe in man made climate change
The majority of Australians would be pro abortion
The majority would be republicans
The majority of Australian trust the ABC
They reflect the majority view on most issues its just the majority view is not that of the RWNJ

Half the population give or take votes for a right wing party at every federal election.

The majority of Australians want lower immigration numbers.
The majority of Australians want people who come to our country illegally to never be allowed to enter.
The majority of Australians are more concerned about lowering power prices rather than emissions.
The majority of Australians are nationalist rather than globalists.
The majority of Australians understand immigrants from certain countries struggle to integrate into Australia.
The majority of Australians reject modern day feminism.
The majority of Australians reject radical gender and sex theories.
The majority of Australians reject the idea of white male privilege.
The majority of Australians reject the idea of changing Australia day.
The majority of Australians believe respect should be shown the our flag and anthem.

Half the population give or take votes for a right wing party at every federal election.

The majority of Australians want lower immigration numbers.
The majority of Australians want people who come to our country illegally to never be allowed to enter.
The majority of Australians are more concerned about lowering power prices rather than emissions.
The majority of Australians are nationalist rather than globalists.
The majority of Australians understand immigrants from certain countries struggle to integrate into Australia.
The majority of Australians reject modern day feminism.
The majority of Australians reject radical gender and sex theories.
The majority of Australians reject the idea of white male privilege.
The majority of Australians reject the idea of changing Australia day.
The majority of Australians believe respect should be shown the our flag and anthem.
Aww you're so cute when you're angry and making things up.

As I said it depends on the specific issue you are asking
- on climate change they are aligned with emission reduction so would put that as centre left
- open borders and no detention for refugees that is left (not hard left)

Hard left are the crazies I met at university who believe in differential pricing eg unemployed person pays 10c for coffee, Murdoch would pay $200 for same coffee

I would say that the equal to the far left communist you met at university on the right would be white supremacist.

I would say also that the amount of reductions the greens want and the fact they basically want complete open borders is very much far left.

Really what the ABC should be is an even representation of the Australian public. The greens have around 10% support amongst the public, Abbott would have more than that yet the staff at the ABC almost totally reflect the views if the greens and mock the views of conservatives like Abbott.

Yeah, we know you keep repeating it - over and over. Even after being shown to be an imposter you still post the same baseless unadulterated crap. Time after time you've been asked to provide something even remotely probative in relation to the ABC. All we get is look-over-here s**t or commentary not backed by a scintilla of evidence.

Your thought bubble that because the Dirty Digger owns Newcorpse he should be judged by entirely different standards to the ABC is Blot-like jackassery. Ipso facto, publish lies and distortions, recklessly inflame and mislead and misuse his empire to unscrupulously impose his warped and and unethical views on us through manipulation - particularly of governments.

Lets not forget this is the turd who illegally hacked phones, including that of a mother who had lost her child, lied about it until irrefutable evidence was produced, then blubbed crocodile tears at the inquiry following which he told his editorial staff he thought they'd done nothing wrong.

Because an enterprise is privately owned should not give it the right to lie, distort, manipulate, inflame et al. It's arrant nonsense to suggest they should not be held to the same high standards as public broadcasters.

We've seen through the behaviour of financial institutions, aged care operators, mining companies, food manufactures, retailers........I could go on, that you can't trust private companies. Greed and profit are their motivations not civic and social responsibility.

I'd love for the media ownership laws to change not only in terms of cross media ownership but in ensuring the accurate presentation of news and the fair presentation of views.

Who knows, even someone as confused as you might benefit. Nah! Too much to ask.

btw. Still waiting for evidence the ABC is biased. Waiting! Waiting!

The only obligation a private media organisation has it too its consumers who make choice to consume their content. Remember no person is forced to consume newscorp. I think they do a better job than any other organisation.

I have posted Bolt articles showing ABC biased, I have posted an article in which a senior ABC presenter said they should have more right wing views and posted an example of them being found guilty of being biased by an independent body.

Its is beyond dispute that the ABC staff nearly all take a left wing point of view on social issues.

Gotta be a fmr employee

No rational human would go to these lengths to defend him.

You need to recognize that Meds prefaces his notions of morality & goodness upon how much money one makes....Even where that money comes merely as a result of crony capitalism, of jobs for the boys & government corruption, blackmail & tabloid thuggery of the worst kind.....It doesn't matter, that makes Ruprect a success in his eyes.....But without his silver-spoon-fed connections, as the chosen one to enact a global press take-over at the behest of the big banksters & on their coin, then he'd be nothing.

A free market, transparency & Democracy are the enemy of Crony Capitalism & Ruprect…..Just don't tell Meds that Murdoche & his ilk, all s**t in the face of Von Mises, Hazlitt & all his laisse-faire, free marketeer economic theorists.....Consistent he is not.

The only obligation a private media organisation has it too its consumers who make choice to consume their content. Remember no person is forced to consume newscorp. I think they do a better job than any other organisation.

I have posted Bolt articles showing ABC biased, I have posted an article in which a senior ABC presenter said they should have more right wing views and posted an example of them being found guilty of being biased by an independent body.

Its is beyond dispute that the ABC staff nearly all take a left wing point of view on social issues.
Kindly re-post those references or links to them. I haven't seen them and your reluctance to show any evidence has me doubting. Shouldn't be hard.

As for quoting someone who has been found to be a liar, distorts the truth and whose stories have factual errors then don't bother with that one. Profoundly unreliable.

As a tip, one of my first ports of call if I were to show Blot is a right wing s**t merchant - putting to one side Chief's obvious reference to years of writing and him using it as a badge of honour - it would be his association with the extreme right propagandist outfit the IPA. I have little doubt he's a member although that's hard to verify because they keep that information confidential. What we do know is he hosts their functions, is often a speaker, attends their meetings and lauds over them. The last meeting being a drop-your-daks-and-bend-over affair for the Dirty Digger.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back