The future of the ABC - Guthrie sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't see it but the bits that I have they seem to try to shift the blame as to who was responsible for the push to have Emma Alberici sacked, did they go into why it was thought she needs to be fired?
They both denied it even after being presented with emails to the contrary.
It basically came down to "it was your fault" then "umm, was not, it was your fault"
It was comical...and even a little sad, because these two were actually running the ABC

She backed down when asked if she wanted to make a formal complaint.

No wonder he wanted her gone.

So really it had absolutely nothing to do with Turnbull and evil Liberals wanting to kill the ABC.

giphy.gif

The following is fairly much my view of the two bunglers after viewing 4Corners.

That's an impressive assessment in only 140 characters.

The point is, if you regard climate change as a ‘far left’ issue, you need to be doing a bit more homework, regardless of one’s political persuasion.

I understand. But the counter to that is that it is the far left who cheer the science on climate change ignore the science other times.

My point is both sides really are more blinded to the science and are led by their ideology - the fact that the science agrees with a bit of what they say is really more luck than anything.

If you consider a ‘far left’ position means they actually acknowledge climate change exists and so explore issues surrounding it, good for them. I

That is an astounding claim ... the climate change part especially. It's a far right position to deny it, and centrist not to, and that pretty much goes for all of those topics. The hard right aren't the centre right.

Cool. Now how about they "actually acknowledge" other issues "exist" which the left like to pretend don't. I'm sure you can think of some. Why aren't you interested in "exploration of issues surrounding" mass and imbalanced immigration, religious extremism etc.?

Why do left wingers get brownie points for repeating ad nauseum "climate change exists" (see Penny Wong in this regard) when they have blinkers on regarding every other issue?

Also, for clarity, it's not the fact "climate change exists" which is a left-wing position or means the ABC biased in this regard - it's the scope of coverage, what degree of balance or hysterical-ness is given to the coverage etc.

Cool. Now how about they "actually acknowledge" other issues "exist" which the left like to pretend don't. I'm sure you can think of some. Why aren't you interested in "exploration of issues surrounding" mass and imbalanced immigration, religious extremism etc.?

Why do left wingers get brownie points for repeating ad nauseum "climate change exists" (see Penny Wong in this regard) when they have blinkers on regarding every other issue?

Also, for clarity, it's not the fact "climate change exists" which is a left-wing position or means the ABC biased in this regard - it's the scope of coverage, what degree of balance or hysterical-ness is given to the coverage etc.
You probably don’t know what I am interested in, nor do the interests or acknowledgments of the of the ‘far left’ have relevance here. The point remains the same- if you consider discussions on climate change to be ‘far left’ -and the abc has provided plenty of reasonable and balanced coverage of this issue, not hysteria at all-then you need to swot up a bit more.
Thank goodness for the abc and their capacity to take it seriously and approach it in a conscientious manner, unlike some!

Last edited:
The point remains the same- if you consider discussions on climate change to be ‘far left’

That's fine, just ignore the way I addressed this point 1cm above your post just now. Like, seriously?

That's fine, just ignore the way I addressed this point 1cm above your post just now. Like, seriously?
Not ignoring it- just not relevant.
Ps I’d have thought simply acknowledging that climate change exists is in fact pretty important given the heads in sand approach of plenty of ministers in the current government.
You seem pretty keen to be outraged- save it for ministers who crack jokes about the perils facing some island nations perhaps?

Not ignoring it- just not relevant.
Ps I’d have thought simply acknowledging that climate change exists is in fact pretty important given the heads in sand approach of plenty of ministers in the current government.
You seem pretty keen to be outraged- save it for ministers who crack jokes about the perils facing some island nations perhaps?

Greens say climate change exists you can't ignore the science. But they say GMOs are safe and ignore the science.

Science is Latin for to know not to pick and choose.

Greens say climate change exists you can't ignore the science. But they say GMOs are safe and ignore the science.

Science is Latin for to know not to pick and choose.
Not really.
If you don’t agree with the Green’s views, fine don’t vote for them.
And because they are not, and never likely to be in government- it’s not such a big deal.
If you don’t like the far left- who cares- they will never govern the country. Nor does any media organisation promote their views.
The problem here is that many of the ministers who form our current government are climate change deniers who disregard the copious quantities of science and actual events that are visible evidence. And because they are the gov’t, then unfortunately, their uninformed views are very relevant. So it would benefit us all if they did listen to the science.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really.
And because they are not, and never likely to be in government- it’s not such a big deal.
If you don’t like the far left- who cares- they will never govern the country. Nor does any media organisation promote their views.

Only a small minority vote for the Greens but the ABC promotes their radical views.

Only a small minority vote for the Greens but the ABC promotes their radical views.

Yes...Gardening Australia is a secret Greens conspiracy, designed in mind to take over the entire Australian psyche, one garden at a time.

Milne: Michelle we want you to go.
Guthrie: You mean just outside?
Milne: No, we want you to leave.
Guthrie: You mean, leave the building for a sec?
Milne: No, the board and I believe your time is up.
Guthrie: No, I'm perfectly fine. I had a check up just last week.
Milne: You are finished at the ABC.
Guthrie: I know i've done well, but in no way am i finished.
Milne: You realise we are firing you?
Guthrie: No, i didn't get that impression.
Milne: Well we are, and we want you to leave immediately.
Guthrie: No I can't. I have to go home to tell mother.

Not really.
The problem here is that many of the ministers who form our current government are climate change deniers who disregard the copious quantities of science and actual events that are visible evidence. And because they are the gov’t, then unfortunately, their uninformed views are very relevant. So it would benefit us all if they did listen to the science.
Plenty of media hold thier views.

They have radical white ring femminests amongst them. Di natale is a doctor and the medical system is screwed. Like most media they won't go near that.

They push science no matter what it is because it tells them what they want to here about religion. They blame religion for people being against the adoption by same sex couples

That's just a start

The weird thing is a lot of the stuff the Greens promoted in the 1980's is now considered to be mainstream
People like you who can't see beyond the next 24 hour news cycle will always miss what is tightening around them....but sadly it has always been thus

I thought all sides agreed that climate is changing, what the disagreement is whether or not/ how much is man made and whether co2 levels are cause for change.

She should be made to repeat her allegations in court
From what she said, was an inappropriate touch on the back that made her feel icky; I can see Milne not recalling it as he may have thought nothing of a brief touch on the upper back in a social setting. It’s the type of thing that “offence is in the mind of the recipient “ but there is no intent. And could also be fabricated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back