The future of the ABC - Guthrie sacked

That is the game plan
Degrade
Stack the board
Politicize everything
Divide

It has been happening over the last 30 years

And given the board has no input over content or editorial aspects, surely the organisation has itself to blame?

Apparently process doesn’t mean what you think it means.

Even the Australian cricket captain doesn’t get “captains picks” anymore

The independent process was apparently followed contrary to the article.

It was explained an independent process I’d just hiring a recruitment agency. This appointment doesn’t preclude other HR firms putting up candidates.

And given the board has no input over content or editorial aspects, surely the organisation has itself to blame?
Who does have this input?

And who appoints them?

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The independent process was apparently followed contrary to the article.

It was explained an independent process I’d just hiring a recruitment agency. This appointment doesn’t preclude other HR firms putting up candidates.

I’m not sure it even matters. The LNP have done their thing with the ABC and should Labor get in they will do their thing.

Maybe Ita can deal with both. If she can’t then Ita will get her payday. Not that she needs it apparently.

Bunkdar

All Australian
Aug 29, 2018
AFL Club
GWS

ya angle will work most times
i am just ashamed at humans 4 it workin

Who does have this input?

And who appoints them?
LNP selected Board Committe which is why the angst over Emma and other journalist.

2019-02-26_211131.jpg

Journalists who would submit to editors who would be employed by HR
You weren't talking about journalists in the post I quoted.

You were talking about control over content or editorial aspects. That's higher up the pecking order than a humble journalist.

So who appoints those people?

Oh, never mind. The point is that a stacked board may not directly control what the ABC puts out, but its influence flows down through the organization indirectly (via other appointments for example).

So the stacked board will eventually have the desired effect of said "stacking".

I suspect you know that however.

ScoMo missed an opportunity today - he had to go with “Ita tells the truth”

Can he sing? I guess Jimmy can’t either so doesn’t matter that much

I think Fair Dinkum G'day wouldn't have had that much chisels on his Sony discman. Can see him bobbing along to Spandau Ballet and Amy Grant

If someone had sung a Chisel line at a press conference it would have gone clean over his dopey face.

He would have barred up to this:

Coal (coal)
Always believe in your soul
You've got the power to know
You're indestructible
Always believe in, that you are
Coal (coal)

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Male or female surely we could have found someone that isn't going to be in their 80s by the time their term expires?

I do not know what to make of the 77 thing. It is a very obscure captains pick. Maybe they were just trying to wedge the Jon Faines of this world. It seems to have been pretty well received by ABC on air staff from what I have heard.

Bunkdar

All Australian
Aug 29, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
patricia karvelas
Entertaining watching
pushing an angle but try look objective & partisan at the same time
We can expect foam out the mouth if she is covering the up coming election

Back