Strategy The Future - Our Forward Set Up

Remove this Banner Ad

Sticking with what I said originally in this thread. Expecting something like this long term:

HF: Hind Membrey Parker
FF: Long King Lonie

If our midfield improves I’d put Gresham forward a bit more, and if it improves even more then maybe Billings can go forward as well. We’re miles off that happening though.

Sticking with what I said originally in this thread. Expecting something like this long term:

If our midfield improves I’d put Gresham forward a bit more, and if it improves even more then maybe Billings can go forward as well. We’re miles off that happening though.

That looks a pretty weak set up in the short term.

I'd be going:

HF: Billings Membrey Gresham
FF: Lonie King Ryder

Parker/Long/Kent/Hind to mix it up.

If we get Hill and Jones I think Billings could play as a high half forward kicking 1.5-2 goals per game.

If thats our forward line our mids and backs better be sensational as that forward line is near VFL standard apart from max and members

Gresham goes forward hunter into the middle and long plays HBF.

On G3226 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Even though they play at opposite ends I was hoping if we were to trade Bruce we could get Keath in, so that’s not happening.

King & Membrey will be the key talls with likely one of Ryder or Marshall also down there for quite a while.

honestly it’s going to be seriously hard to succeed with such a baby up front, a tremendous prospect but so young.

I know people want him in the ruck but Roma is also a serious threat to any defence so 50% forward poses a danger.
I like the thinking and it will take time to bed down but it presents a different and difficult match up.

Why i like him in the ruck, is he wins more of the ball than our midfielders. If we had some elite mid's we could play him fwd IMO.

I think we will play 2 talls in King & Ryder/Marshall

1 mid size in Membrey

3 smalls with Gray, Parker & Long my preference.

Long - King - Parker
Gray - Ryder - Membrey

We will go all in on Ben King to replace Ryder at the end of next year.

Gresham goes forward hunter into the middle and long plays HBF.

On G3226 using BigFooty.com mobile app
One into the midfield and one out doesn’t improve it. I know the forwards I put there look a bit ordinary but the Richmond smalls only average a goal a game as well so it’s not all bad. Forward pressure and ground balls win flags.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are going to struggle to score enough next year, can’t see us playing finals with such a blunt attack.

Agree, we have to radically over haul the forwards. We kick 12 goals on average so everyone in the forwards has to contribute. With Bruce probably gone how are we going to get an additional 3-4 goals a game. King won’t do it first year. Are we relying on Marshall to play chf , if so, he will need to kick 50+ goals to even get us half way there.

Interesting to see what the new line up will be.

One into the midfield and one out doesn’t improve it. I know the forwards I put there look a bit ordinary but the Richmond smalls only average a goal a game as well so it’s not all bad. Forward pressure and ground balls win flags.

Jones, Clark, Hannebery into the midfield. Maybe a bit of Bytel ( i hope ). Billings and Sinclair more outside.
Gresham forward. Newnes out.

Is that a bit better?

Agree, we have to radically over haul the forwards. We kick 12 goals on average so everyone in the forwards has to contribute. With Bruce probably gone how are we going to get an additional 3-4 goals a game. King won’t do it first year. Are we relying on Marshall to play chf , if so, he will need to kick 50+ goals to even get us half way there.

Interesting to see what the new line up will be.
3-4 goals from Bruce?

No matter who we have in our forward line if the delivery doesn't improve then we are stuffed. Bruce will be a loss not in the forward line, but more so at providing an option on the wing. This can be easily replaced when we have Marshall roaming the ground while Ryder takes the rucking duty in the forward line and plays deep. Membrey can play as that lead up forward as well with King/Ryder playing more deeper.

Hill/Hanners/Billings/Clark etc will need to find a way to get themselves forward of centre more often then not and be the main ones delivering it in the forward 50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back