The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Note Pitt talks about Rugby and League, we are getting collateral funding, the funding that falls out of the wheelbarrow of funding to other codes.

May 30, 2013
BNE, AUS
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, Cubs, Bulls
Found this concept document online from a local architect firm for a suggested redevelopment of the Gabba. It’s just a concept and nothing that has been funded or accepted - just a suggestion from the firm I believe. I reckon it’s the sort of thing that is likely to happen in conjunction with cross-river rail. It would be good if the final version was even a little more ambitious I think:

http://www.bfarchitects.com/woolloongabba-stadium/

baaaall!

Team Captain
Mar 24, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Found this concept document online from a local architect firm for a suggested redevelopment of the Gabba. It’s just a concept and nothing that has been funded or accepted - just a suggestion from the firm I believe. I reckon it’s the sort of thing that is likely to happen in conjunction with cross-river rail. It would be good if the final version was even a little more ambitious I think:

The bridge is a great idea

Only looking on a mobile and it wont let me zoom in to read the text.
But it pretty much looks like the same old Gabba to me, other than the bridge.

May 30, 2013
BNE, AUS
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, Cubs, Bulls
I don’t suppose the Gabba or O’Brien bloody catering have gift vouchers for use at food outlets? Why not? It’s my birthday next week and at 47 I’m a bit past asking for presents even though family feel the need to buy one for me. I usually ask for gift cards to Bunnings and JB-Hi-Fi and the like ‘cos that’s where I spend my money. I also spend a few hundred bucks a year buying over priced chips and sauce at the Gabba that would be an excellent thing for my relos to offset. Why isn’t there a gift card for that?

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
I don’t suppose the Gabba or O’Brien bloody catering have gift vouchers for use at food outlets? Why not? It’s my birthday next week and at 47 I’m a bit past asking for presents even though family feel the need to buy one for me. I usually ask for gift cards to Bunnings and JB-Hi-Fi and the like ‘cos that’s where I spend my money. I also spend a few hundred bucks a year buying over priced chips and sauce at the Gabba that would be an excellent thing for my relos to offset. Why isn’t there a gift card for that?

The gift card for all seasons.

prepaid-card-642x500.jpg

jjami15

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Only looking on a mobile and it wont let me zoom in to read the text.
But it pretty much looks like the same old Gabba to me, other than the bridge.
This is true, the only real changes stadium wise is the east and west ends (goals) or if they want to really get fancy they could have Vulture and Stanley St go underground and build over it. Some resumption of properties might need to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the Davemonkey for its first meal!
Monkey too clever for that trick.
I always thought we should let it prowl around the back of the opposition cheer squad area. Or in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back