The Gabba's Facilities

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
It's seemingly a one off at least, normally they are on the ball.

Someone just must have completely got their wires crossed in the planning meeting.

Michael O'Brien Catering cost themselves so much money last night it ain't funny.

Skoob

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It's seemingly a one off at least, normally they are on the ball.

Someone just must have completely got their wires crossed in the planning meeting.

Michael O'Brien Catering cost themselves so much money last night it ain't funny.
Crowds have been so ordinary, it's hard to recall how well they handle a big game.
Ironically, the poor attendances have meant we've had it pretty good in terms of lining up to get in and queuing at the bars or for food.
A s**t crowd of 13,000 means you can walk straight up to a bar or be in & out of the food outlets without waiting.
Any large crowd I recall still means very long queues for food, as though they didn't realise people want chips at half time. For the price, they can certainly afford the wastage of over-catering, because as you say, they're losing more by under-catering or preparing.

Anyone else think the quality of the food offering is pretty ordinary?

Made the mistake of grabbing one of those chicken fingers and chips dinners a few weeks ago. Was like eating cardboard.

I wasn't expecting fine dining, but especially given the price I expected better than shite.

I never get anything bar chips or a chiko roll because everything else is rubbish. We have a little coffee place near 63-62 that does pies and sausage rolls (not 4n20 rubbish) they are pretty good.

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Anyone else think the quality of the food offering is pretty ordinary?

Made the mistake of grabbing one of those chicken fingers and chips dinners a few weeks ago. Was like eating cardboard.

I wasn't expecting fine dining, but especially given the price I expected better than shite.
Bottle of water $5.50 @ Etihad - that's for starters.

Sausage roll was 4 bucks. So not extortion prices, considering youd pay that for a 4n20 one. They dont always have heaps of stock though, and they can sell out quick. They are more so there for the coffee so I dont think they care if they sell out. Sauce was free as well, although not sure if that is standard or operator error.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never get anything bar chips or a chiko roll because everything else is rubbish. We have a little coffee place near 63-62 that does pies and sausage rolls (not 4n20 rubbish) they are pretty good.

And the gourmet burger place around the same area. Sells burgers which are far superior than the other rubbish.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Personally, I can't believe anyone purchases the s**t beer they have at the footy, unless you're in the corporate area and Medallion Club.

Had to line up for 15 minutes for hot chips. Michael OBrien dropped the ball massively last night. They were caught totally short at quarter time and still hadn't learned their lesson by half time.

Angry parents and upset children everywhere. No hot dogs or pies in the joint at all.
I went to many a Carlton home game at Princes Park in the 70's and 80's and they often ran out of food (never beer mind you), the toilets were circa 1960 and the siren was like a wet fart - at the time they were on top and had all the corporate support courtesy of Big Jack you could want - didn't equate to top facilities though.

Skoob

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
And the gourmet burger place around the same area. Sells burgers which are far superior than the other rubbish.
WTF?
I'm gonna have to have a wander around next time to see what's about.
I just assumed there'd be just one mob selling the same stuff all 'round the ground.
Maybe delete that post before anyone else reads it..

radiotron

Senior List
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Super off topic now but i went to the baseball in NY last month
i could get a Veggie dog (how ******* hard is it really?)
AND there were two types of beer stands regular big brand s**t and a craft beer one with IPAs etc
i HATE that we are saddled with CUB piss water
until that changes the German Club gets my hard earned

WTF?
I'm gonna have to have a wander around next time to see what's about.
I just assumed there'd be just one mob selling the same stuff all 'round the ground.
Maybe delete that post before anyone else reads it..
It has been the single greatest improvement at the footy this year.

Awesome beef burgers. These chicken burgers which have an aioli sauce. And the pig de resistance - pork belly burgers!

They are about 11 bucks but worth the extra couple of dollars on the swill on offer elsewhere.

Oh yeah, and beer battered chips, if that is of interest...!

And PPS - it is next to a Matilda Bay bar which serves some tasty beverages.

It has been the single greatest improvement at the footy this year.

Awesome beef burgers. These chicken burgers which have an aioli sauce. And the pig de resistance - pork belly burgers!

They are about 11 bucks but worth the extra couple of dollars on the swill on offer elsewhere.

Oh yeah, and beer battered chips, if that is of interest...!

And PPS - it is next to a Matilda Bay bar which serves some tasty beverages.
WTF?! How have I missed this? I feel cheated! Cheated!

Yeah it is a good little corner around there, it is why I love our section. Plenty of footy outlets including specialty ones, a couple of drink places including the members bar, couple of toilet blocks and it takes like 60sec to get out of the gabba as we have the big stairs right there.

You get all the good stuff up the top Skoob :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back