Unofficial Preview The game this weekend - You WILL be there

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, CAN WE PLEASE GET THE WE ARE ESSENDON CHANT GOING!?

I have felt for the past 3 weeks that a massive one of these chants was going to occur at a game. However for it to happen, we need to be within a goal or 2 of the lead and not getting pumped halfway through the second quarter!

I have no doubt that if we are in front at any stage during the last quarter on Saturday, this chant will blast around Etihad.

Green_Day_-_Holiday_cover.jpg

More important album than Abbey Road.

I actually agree with you (lets not get used to that), never been a Beatles fan. Unless you were being sarcastic. And then... Well I don't know.

Also that picture would make far more sense if the post that was there remained, but it was dealt with quickly. Good form, mods.

Flying down from central Queensland.

I believe the precedent with 'provocative' banners was set in 1996.

It was the week after Fitzroy's demise was confirmed, I believe. They were playing Collingwood at Victoria Park, and produced a banner stating:

Seduced by North
Raped by Brisbane
****** by the AFL

After the game, Fitzroy were applauded off the arena by the Collingwood members; which, to put it lightly, just did not occur at Victoria Park. Like, ever.

The whole thing was a PR disaster for the AFL and they pretty much vowed it would never, ever happen again. Mobbenfuhrer, did Fitzroy get in official trouble for that?

It was a quite wonderful act of defiance, even if in vain. The point was well made.

banner3tn7.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back