The Game with the Loudest Crowd you went to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Any game with a full house, closed roof and close finish at Marvel.

Just a case of stadium design.

I've been to games at the G where you felt the atmosphere more intensely, but none as loud. Haven't been to a game at Optus yet though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing will ever touch the Tigers Giants prelim,when Lambert kicked the first goal,I put my hands up to my ears,it was like a fleet of f18s did a low pass over the G,a memorable moment.

Amazing atmosphere.

The 2017 PF is it for me by big margin. The crowd singing the song before and after the game were unique.

I can’t imagine how the gws boys felt going into the game although they would be pretty experienced in facing hostile crowds just due to the fact they are the youngest side in the comp and still growing a membership base that game was at another level

2010 prelim pies vs cats
2018 prelim pies v tigers

That Pies Tigers game was very quiet compared to the Tigers Giants prelim of 2017,if we won that game,then maybe the decibel level would have moved up a few notches.

We have set the benchmark,now for others to play their grand final!

That Pies Tigers game was very quiet compared to the Tigers Giants prelim of 2017,if we won that game,then maybe the decibel level would have moved up a few notches.

We have set the benchmark,now for others to play their grand final!
Doubt that, maybe you tuned out the pies chant drowning out the drums

2011 Prelim Collingwood vs Hawthorn. Was in Melbourne for a bucks weekend and got tickets. My one and only experience of a final at the G. The roar was deafening. Respect.
I forgot about this game, when buddy and Ball kicked those goals the roof went off that roofless stadium

Not sure if you just notice it more during losses but the 2010 Collingwood v Geelong PF and the 2017 QF Richmond v Geelong for me. I was at the 2011 Hawthorn v Collingwood PF and I remember the place exploding with the late goals, but I was inside, so it probably dulled it slightly.

2010 was so long ago that I remember it being the first time I remember hearing the 'Coooollingwoooooooood' crowd chant and it was bouncing right around the stadium. I was incredibly disappointed at the way Geelong played, but had to give respect to the atmosphere the Pies supporters were able to create, it was electric.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back