Politics & Government The GD politics thread

Next PM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

what do you reckon rent food and utilities is costing them.

Are they good with money or rubbish?

My eldest is 17 and has saved up enough money from her job to buy her own car when she hits 18.

If you want something and have a plan then hard work and a bit of sacrifice will get you it.

Are they good with money or rubbish?
What's that got to do with rent food and utilities?
My eldest is 17 and has saved up enough money from her job to buy her own car when she hits 18.
Do they have to contribute to the household financially?
If you want something and have a plan then hard work and a bit of sacrifice will get you it.
Ah the capitalist dream that is of course a complete lie

You really are a boomer with zero ******* clue about reality.

What's that got to do with rent food and utilities?

Are you serious? Do you not understand the concept of a budget? Am I talking to a little kid? You have to live with your parents still.

Do they have to contribute to the household financially?

Why would they? They are still technically children. Earning their own money though and are already more financially savvy than you most likely.

Ah the capitalist dream that is of course a complete lie

Dream? It's called life, go get a real job and pay your own way.

You really are a boomer with zero ******* clue about reality.

What reality is that? Your life filled with excuses?

How old are you?

The only time anyone with money would talk to you is when they replied they'd like fries with that.
I thought you didn't like people making assumptions about you.

I'm comfortably middle class, have worked hard to get where I am, recognise the benefits I have in life (white and male) as well as the disadvantages I had earlier (single mum, low socioeconomic). And I think you are so far wide of the mark, it's not funny. You're the walking cliche of wanting to ascribe all your success to hard work and those doing it tough to laziness because it makes you feel special.

I'm comfortably middle class, have worked hard to get where I am, recognise the benefits I have in life (white and male) as well as the disadvantages I had earlier (single mum, low socioeconomic). And I think you are so far wide of the mark, it's not funny. You're the walking cliche of wanting to ascribe all your success to hard work and those doing it tough to laziness because it makes you feel special.

It was a joke. I know you're lacking in the humour department but I thought even you would get in the spirit of a bit of banter.

But then as soon as you started talking like a white American liberal I knew you have zero humour. Apologies.

You'd be so easy to take the piss out of in real life.

It was a joke. I know you're lacking in the humour department but I thought even you would get in the spirit of a bit of banter.

But then as soon as you started talking like a white American liberal I knew you have zero humour. Apologies.

You'd be so easy to take the piss out of in real life.
Given your recent posts, I must acknowledge your comedy is first rate...they've had me in stitches.

The only time anyone with money would talk to you is when they replied they'd like fries with that.
Lots apparently.

It's why businesses are shutting down because they can't get staff.

I thought it's not a bad field to work in but seems not so.
Well your post sounds like you look down on hospitality workers and they're well beneath you.

Well your post sounds like you look down on hospitality workers and they're well beneath you.

No, I look down on people moaning that they can't get a job when there is plenty out there.

For the rarest of times in our lives we're in an employees market.

Make the most of these opportunities.

No, I look down on people moaning that they can't get a job when there is plenty out there.

For the rarest of times in our lives we're in an employees market.

Make the most of these opportunities.
Who was moaning about not being able to find a job?
I mean putting aside the fact that there are more people on welfare now than during 2020 in this supposed employees dream market, ignoring people with disabilities or carer duties that can't actually get a job, or the pensioners, all of who you think are parasites who don't pay tax

Seems the moaning in here has been you moaning about people voting, about who got elected, about welfare payments and foreign aid, all while refusing to vote

Who was moaning about not being able to find a job?
I mean putting aside the fact that there are more people on welfare now than during 2020 in this supposed employees dream market, ignoring people with disabilities or carer duties that can't actually get a job, or the pensioners, all of who you think are parasites who don't pay tax

Seems the moaning in here has been you moaning about people voting, about who got elected, about welfare payments and foreign aid, all while refusing to vote

How are there more people on welfare now when there's so many jobs about?

Is that not a reasonable question?

Pensioners have paid a life time of tax, their money should all be tax free until they die.

How are there more people on welfare now when there's so many jobs about?

Is that not a reasonable question?
You get that people with jobs can still be on welfare if they don't have enough hours yeah?
That its not just people out of work, but people that can't get enough work, people that can't get on NDIS go on JobSeeker etc

You get that people with jobs can still be on welfare if they don't have enough hours yeah?
That its not just people out of work, but people that can't get enough work, people that can't get on NDIS go on JobSeeker etc

Yes you keep trying to make your point by mentioning the minority of people in those situations.

Do you want a job? I can get you a job washing dishes for $35 an hour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes you keep trying to make your point by mentioning the minority of people in those situations.

Do you want a job? I can get you a job washing dishes for $35 an hour.
great for the people able to wash dishes looking for work and able to get that job

the reality is we have a large chunk of people on welfare because regardless of what you think, a lot of people are unable to work or work enough to not need support

No chance he reads that, it's a threat to his world view.

And in your world view there's no lazy bludging *ers who sit around and find every excuse in the world not to get a job.

Maybe when you have family members who work for job agencies you get a great insight into the s**t people will do to avoid working.

And in your world view there's no lazy bludging duckers who sit around and find every excuse in the world not to get a job.

Maybe when you have family members who work for job agencies you get a great insight into the s**t people will do to avoid working.
Hahaha of course ******* job agency leeches
Yeah real hard working types, getting paid to stop people on welfare getting their payments

Vampires taking money that could just be going to the people on welfare

Hahaha of course ******* job agency leeches
Yeah real hard working types, getting paid to stop people on welfare getting their payments

Vampires taking money that could just be going to the people on welfare

So the people on welfare can sit at home watching tv all day/playing playstation and doing sweet FA to find a job?

What about those leeches?

So the people on welfare can sit at home watching tv all day/playing playstation and doing sweet FA to find a job?

What about those leeches?
Dude you could be doing that if you were willing to make some sacrifices, tighten the belt a little

Just budget better

There are many people in the early 20's who actually think people should hand their house over to them once they are over 65 and retired.

Probably the same people who are wasting over $100 a weekend on alcohol.

And in your world view there's no lazy bludging duckers who sit around and find every excuse in the world not to get a job.

Of course there are. But the number is minuscule. Nobody wants to be living on the bare bones of their arse and the dole isn’t funding an extravagant lifestyle. You’re jumping at shadows.

People who make stupid decisions in life are also often poor.

I equate hard work with the chance to better your life.

I suspect that no matter how lazy or useless someone is you'll be there to defend them.

It’s interesting that a lot would look at your white maleness and assume you’re advantaged, growing up with a single mum and low socio group you’re really anything but.

Back