Podcast The Geelong Board PodCast - Episode 9 now available - Trade Period Wrap + Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Listened to it driving to work the other day, good job guys :)
If I had the money I'd buy you some really good mics and preamps. Was Partridge on the phone? Doesn't matter, just pull a bit of bass out of the speakers and it clears up enough anyway.
It's as good as Podcats content wise and way better than the 2 guys 1 cup podcast, which I used to listen to until it dawned that it is just two dudes fake-laughing their way through a bunch of stupid crap, same goes for JunkTime.
Keep it up :)
I appreciate the feedback

I'm basically just learning on the job when it comes to recording and putting it all together (I had no idea what I was doing or what was involved when I started doing them this year)
So any suggestions/help much appreciated.

I'm basically just learning on the job when it comes to recording and putting it all together (I had no idea what I was doing or what was involved when I started doing them this year)
As long as it's people who know more than me about football, and it's about my favourite football team, I'll always be there listening. I reckon that the Geelong Football Club is underrepresented in the unofficial podcast world, and I would be interested in helping to develop the technical aspect of a regular Cats podcast. Techstuff have an episode where they discuss how they do it, what gear they use. Couldn't be much more than a mixing board, two or three condenser mics and some software.
If you like what you are doing and are interested in honing it a bit over the off season, getting it sounding as nice as possible, trying to get a list of core contributors etc, I would be happy to help with some funding, not heaps but yknow a mic or two. I can't right now though, saving for a deposit. It could get big, then advertisers get interested too.

As long as it's people who know more than me about football, and it's about my favourite football team, I'll always be there listening. I reckon that the Geelong Football Club is underrepresented in the unofficial podcast world, and I would be interested in helping to develop the technical aspect of a regular Cats podcast. Techstuff have an episode where they discuss how they do it, what gear they use. Couldn't be much more than a mixing board, two or three condenser mics and some software.
If you like what you are doing and are interested in honing it a bit over the off season, getting it sounding as nice as possible, trying to get a list of core contributors etc, I would be happy to help with some funding, not heaps but yknow a mic or two. I can't right now though, saving for a deposit. It could get big, then advertisers get interested too.

Im not sure what the issue with Partridge was...but generally Id say the clarity is very good for a bunch of mugs just having a dip. Willos efforts should be applauded.
On knowledge depth..thats for others to determine.. but listen to posters after you have read them for a while can surprise and or confirm. Im of the believe that we have some posters on here that educate and illuminate , and mostly they just like to talk footy (as has been shown by how often the Podcast has blown 60 minutes out of the water ) Some like it , others cant be bothered to listen to "BF types" ramble on.

Nice job on the 60 minute thing Willo... cheeky mongrel cut my questions to do it ;) LOL

Look forward to the finals one coming up.

Im not sure what the issue with Partridge was...but generally Id say the clarity is very good for a bunch of mugs just having a dip. Willos efforts should be applauded.
On knowledge depth..thats for others to determine.. but listen to posters after you have read them for a while can surprise and or confirm. Im of the believe that we have some posters on here that educate and illuminate , and mostly they just like to talk footy (as has been shown by how often the Podcast has blown 60 minutes out of the water ) Some like it , others cant be bothered to listen to "BF types" ramble on.

Bolded for truth!

Go Catters

We are heading into a brand new world talking advertising and stuff.
It is still, and will likely remain something done more for love than anything else.. so the 12buck microphone I got from Officeworks is doing it's job. That said I am really interested in any feedback/advice/tips from anyone so would be really interested in the honing it over the off season you mention... but there is no need for funding I can assure you :D

I may have to follow up that tech stuff thing you mentioned,
If you would be able to PM me to discuss some things that would be absolutely fantastic :D

Nice job on the 60 minute thing Willo... cheeky mongrel cut my questions to do it ;) LOL

Look forward to the finals one coming up.
I was watching the clock!! :D
Did trim some planned stuff and not elaborate as much as we could have on some things to get there

I was watching the clock!! :D
Did trim some planned stuff and not elaborate as much as we could have on some things to get there
just on the duration, I know that it can be an issue.

Perhaps a consideration of Pt1 and Pt2 when the material presents itself.

Keep each session to 45-60 mins but that way its easier to manage uploading etc ( for Willo) but if the content promotes it, you can spill over and still let the footy banter roll on.

That could also just be the art of crapping on in me sneaking thru too... :p

Regardless, all good stuff and :thumbsu::thumbsu: as always.

Go Catters

We are heading into a brand new world talking advertising and stuff.
It is still, and will likely remain something done more for love than anything else.. so the 12buck microphone I got from Officeworks is doing it's job. That said I am really interested in any feedback/advice/tips from anyone so would be really interested in the honing it over the off season you mention... but there is no need for funding I can assure you :D

I may have to follow up that tech stuff thing you mentioned,
If you would be able to PM me to discuss some things that would be absolutely fantastic :D
No worries, I'll get to ya soon.

Yeh it's at a similar level quality wise to this other podcast called The Roar, and that's a good unofficial AFL podcast that just has three guys talking footy. It might make me seem a bit fussy to just be pushing the technical side of it, but I don't really care about that, anything Geelong and almost anything AFL is going to end up in my ear say some point :) and you're right, Willo is killing it with these episodes, I look forward to each one and listen to each one twice. That bloody 90s model Cats song at the start is a nice touch, takes me back to when I used to go and watch home games as a kid.

just on the duration, I know that it can be an issue.

Perhaps a consideration of Pt1 and Pt2 when the material presents itself.

Keep each session to 45-60 mins but that way its easier to manage uploading etc ( for Willo) but if the content promotes it, you can spill over and still let the footy banter roll on.

That could also just be the art of crapping on in me sneaking thru too... :p

Regardless, all good stuff and :thumbsu::thumbsu: as always.

Go Catters

Well be right back after this word from our sponsor .... ..opportunity for all sorts of payola .. (Hello to my good friends at LOTI who always take care of us on BF Pre post games or hello to my good friends at the Little Creatures ....)

Great effort again willo SJ Partridge
Special mention to partridge for being able to get his contribution on from the bottom of Bass Strait aboard HMAS tincan...

Great work by all involved.

Go Catters
Without knowing how Partridge "dialled it in" :D, when I did one earlier in the year I used the earbud-earpiece that came with the phone and it sounded 'hollowed out' when I listened to the podcast later on.

If I do one again I'd probably try a headset like I have at work. That might remove the 'tinnie-ness'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've done them before... on a smart phone just speaking on it like you would being on the phone

Never had any issues.. so that is always an option for people, and for those worried about not having a mic etc

Bill Burr's podcast that comes out on Fridays has a new one followed by a rerun of an older one, and the difference is night and day, the new one being all crisp and perfect and the older one having been literally phoned in. Plus he's a cunny funt.
And I'm probably banging on a bit too much about it all by now, but this week's JunkTime is an absolute pisser. I wish Fev had his own podcast.

Last edited:
Are you planning on doing another as a preview of The QF Willo_

Just listened to Ep7 and have to say it was outstanding
We are.... and as a matter of fact we already have done it!!

And it is about to be posted down below this post

:D

Another Week Another PodCast!!!

What is this madness, well friends it is September, the sun is shining the birds are shagging and footy finals are upon us!

So following up on my promise last week we have done a podcast previewing the upcoming final against our bitter rivals Hawthorn

Joining me tonight are the returning catempire and making his bigfooty Cats Podcast debut CatsDoItBetter
We discuss as many aspects of this weeks game as we can manage without going all night long

Available in the usual places, itunes should be updated soon, and hopefully found here somewhere
Soundcloud is here
and of course the youtube link for those that require it is here

Enjoy

Now the plan is to go again next final, hopefully that is in a fortnight
VOLUNTEERS WOULD BE GREAT.... I don't want to name names but Lana and/or fpm84 I am looking in your direction

Remove this Banner Ad

Back