Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah really looking forward to tomorrow. Pretty good card for entertainment as well as an intriguing main event

If Gallen pulls this off no one can question him again, I can't see it happening (Hall outboxed him imo so should Huni much more easily) but will be worth watching. And love Hardman's activity levels (and Huni's for that matter), that's very rare.

If Gallen pulls this off no one can question him again, I can't see it happening (Hall outboxed him imo so should Huni much more easily) but will be worth watching. And love Hardman's activity levels (and Huni's for that matter), that's very rare.
Huni apparently got knocked out with 16-ounce gloves on in training. The footage got shared around (I didn't see it). Anyone can get caught but that doesn't sound ideal at HW...

Gallens arm punches shouldn't be enough but if Huni is reacting as poorly as it sounds to being hit, who knows...

Gallen at the presser was great too. "Anyone who's quit as quit in them. He's quit once, he'll quit again". A simple sentence but good promo

I watched the Lewis Ritson V Jeremias Ponce fight on Fox the other night.A good fight dominated by Ponce.His body punching was out standing to say the least.He Hurt Ritson early in the first round with a left to the body.It hurt Ritson and though he fought hard to get respect, the damage was done.Ponce knew that Ritson could not hurt him.The fight was stopped in the tenth after Ritson was knocked down three time.
To say the referree was negligent in his duty to the fighters was being kind.He display was very very ordinary.His constant calling of the fighters to watch their feet was mind blowing.As the commentators said, it was a lefty righty fight.Stepping of feet in such fights is inevitable.
Then to top it off his refusable to accept the towel being thrown in, was almost criminal.Ritson was taking far too many shots, both body and head.Even blind Freddy could see he was hurt.I am sure that Ponce did not want to punish Ritson any more than he had done up to the time the referee refused the towel from Ritsons father.
Hopefully he never gets to referee anothe rfight after that low class performance.

I watched the Lewis Ritson V Jeremias Ponce fight on Fox the other night.A good fight dominated by Ponce.His body punching was out standing to say the least.He Hurt Ritson early in the first round with a left to the body.It hurt Ritson and though he fought hard to get respect, the damage was done.Ponce knew that Ritson could not hurt him.The fight was stopped in the tenth after Ritson was knocked down three time.
To say the referree was negligent in his duty to the fighters was being kind.He display was very very ordinary.His constant calling of the fighters to watch their feet was mind blowing.As the commentators said, it was a lefty righty fight.Stepping of feet in such fights is inevitable.
Then to top it off his refusable to accept the towel being thrown in, was almost criminal.Ritson was taking far too many shots, both body and head.Even blind Freddy could see he was hurt.I am sure that Ponce did not want to punish Ritson any more than he had done up to the time the referee refused the towel from Ritsons father.
Hopefully he never gets to referee anothe rfight after that low class performance.
I've honestly never seen the towel refused. What happened here? Why'd that happen

Didn't see this fight but was just reading Ritson got battered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've honestly never seen the towel refused. What happened here? Why'd that happen

Didn't see this fight but was just reading Ritson got battered
He certainly was battered.He took a big body shot early and was on the back foot all night.Tried but Ponce just was all over him like a wet suit.
Appalling referreing.
He got dropped, for an eight count,got back up, dropped agin.in came the towel.Ponce raised his arms because he saw the towel come in.The ref put a count on him and basically made Ponce batter him some more.Have to be the worst call I have seen.

Yeah that’s Fukn dumb.

Right? How the f*ck you just going to leave him swaying there to take more punishment when he clearly couldn't comprehend the instruction to step forward.

He may as well have held his arms down himself to let Donaire kill the guy.

I think these days the ref should just never ignore the towel thrown in.

Unless it's a bloody obvious sabotage of their fighter from the corner, why not accept it? Better to be slightly wrong and live to fight another day than not.

I remember watching the Dadashev fight on ESPN a couple years ago. Referee did nothing wrong but he took quite a bit of damage and everyone involved was slow to recognize he was in trouble. Collapsed leaving the ring, died days later.

It's life & death in there, the towel should never be ignored IMO.

Teo Lopez has tested positive for Covid-19, his fight with Kambosos will be delayed until August.

You wouldn't read about it, yet here you are reading all about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back