Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Good little card on March 2

Wade Ryan v Dennis Hogan
Stevie Spark
Liam Wilson
Tim Tszyu brother debut

Free on Fox sports/Kayo

Forgot when Huni is on but cant be far away plus Opetaia also has to have an announcement soon. Should be a busy period for Aussie boxing. Kambosos fingers crossed in May/June too

Saw this on Reddit. Hadnt caught either of these things tbh. Jai in April is a huge fight and they should start promoting it now, really build it. This is a bigger fight than any of Tims and we see the support he gets. Huni off until June is annoying if true

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220214-122837_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20220214-122837_Reddit.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 18
Looks June 5th for Kambosos next fight. In Melbourne so won't be Marvel given AFL will have it so assume Rod Laver

Still not decided Haney or Loma. Really hope it's Loma, I'll be going to either but Loma is awesome, one of my favs

Looks June 5th for Kambosos next fight. In Melbourne so won't be Marvel given AFL will have it so assume Rod Laver

Still not decided Haney or Loma. Really hope it's Loma, I'll be going to either but Loma is awesome, one of my favs

Haney seems reluctant now for some reason, really any of Garcia, Lomachenko or Tank would be good (and I'll be going)

Haney seems reluctant now for some reason, really any of Garcia, Lomachenko or Tank would be good (and I'll be going)
Tank doesn't seem to be in the conversation anymore, they try and do in-house PPV's now anyway so really doubt it's him. Haney makes the most sense but seems reluctant to come here and Loma next obvious. No harm in losing to them but risking it v Garcia makes little sense to me...

Rod Laver is fantastic for UFC, not a bad seat/view anywhere. Be really good if it's there

Tank doesn't seem to be in the conversation anymore, they try and do in-house PPV's now anyway so really doubt it's him. Haney makes the most sense but seems reluctant to come here and Loma next obvious. No harm in losing to them but risking it v Garcia makes little sense to me...

Rod Laver is fantastic for UFC, not a bad seat/view anywhere. Be really good if it's there

Yeah absolutely, I went to the Holm v Rousey one and sat on the ground at Etihad, saw * all. For Whittaker v Brunson I was front row of the top deck at Rod Laver and they were great seats.

Marvel Stadium was set to host an AFL game that weekend, but “with the assistance of the Melbourne government, stadium officials and league officials,” the match has been shifted to the Friday.

Interesting. Seeing how the AFL would be set to make a hell of a lot of cash I can see them allowing it to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah absolutely, I went to the Holm v Rousey one and sat on the ground at Etihad, saw fu** all. For Whittaker v Brunson I was front row of the top deck at Rod Laver and they were great seats.
Yeah i didn't get to go to the Marvel show but went to Mundine/Green at Adelaide Oval (god knows why) and it was just too far away. Been to 2x UFC at Sydney Entertainment Centre and 1 at Rod Laver, views cant be beat even for Bronze level seats. Usually aim for front of upper deck to see down into the ring/cage. Will do the same for this fight

Marvel Stadium was set to host an AFL game that weekend, but “with the assistance of the Melbourne government, stadium officials and league officials,” the match has been shifted to the Friday.

Interesting. Seeing how the AFL would be set to make a hell of a lot of cash I can see them allowing it to happen.
Bugger, was hoping for RLA. Will still go but the views here will be average at best. At that point youre just there for atmosphere

Bugger, was hoping for RLA. Will still go but the views here will be average at best. At that point youre just there for atmosphere
I think if it was against Teofimo then RLA might have been an option but the draw of Lomachenko for casuals (like myself) is rather big I reckon.

Yeah i didn't get to go to the Marvel show but went to Mundine/Green at Adelaide Oval (god knows why) and it was just too far away. Been to 2x UFC at Sydney Entertainment Centre and 1 at Rod Laver, views cant be beat even for Bronze level seats. Usually aim for front of upper deck to see down into the ring/cage. Will do the same for this fight
If you can't afford floor seats, do you reckon it's better to sit higher at these stadium shows (e.g. Marvel Stadium)?

I was level 1 for UFC 193 and it was pretty rubbish because you're so low to the ground. Wondering if it's almost better to go nosebleeds as to get more of a bird's eye view.

If you can't afford floor seats, do you reckon it's better to sit higher at these stadium shows (e.g. Marvel Stadium)?

I was level 1 for UFC 193 and it was pretty rubbish because you're so low to the ground. Wondering if it's almost better to go nosebleeds as to get more of a bird's eye view.
Depends on the stadium. AO would have been bad anywhere, it's just so big for a boxing ring. Suspect Marvel will be the same tbh but if it's sold out the atmosphere would be huge and you have the screens so still a great experience

For the entertainment theatre/Rod Laver sized arenas I think it's better to sit at the front of the elevated tier rather than even rignside tbh. Still close but see into the cage instead of cameramen, refs,ring posts, etc getting in your way looking up or straight ahead from ringside...

Absolutely, better off being in the stands at Marvel. Rod Laver doesn’t have too many bad seats so you’re right there wherever

Not a bad fight. Do hope Khan retires, wobbled by the air conditioner wind these days and Brook has a surgically repaired face so he should probably hang them up too. Fun fight, only tuned in for the main but apparently it was a snoozer of a card.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back