Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This is why boxing is IMO stuffed the judges see a different fight than everyone else another corrupt decision. I will say I thought the referee did a a poor job.
Disagree, ref did all he could to stop the grappling. He ended up looking like a butcher after a days work out the back.

This is why boxing is IMO stuffed the judges see a different fight than everyone else another corrupt decision. I will say I thought the referee did a a poor job.
Judging needs an overhaul. Id trial noise cancelling headphones while they judge as to drown out crowd noise.

I think itd be worth trialling judges judge from TV with no commentary as thats a much better view than ringside where ref and ringposts get in the way

Id also look at a 4th judge judging from backstage off tv with no tv noise as a sudden death to a draw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okolie/Cieslak on now.Okolie wants to go up to heavyweight, which makes sense as Cruiser really is no mans land in terms of fame and fortune...

That said, watching this, he has nothing to offer a top 10 heavyweight. Every single punch ends in a clinch. Bigger guys will just move him, wear him down and land the bigger shots. He also doesn't seem to have much punch variation. Got a long reach though, start using that rather than wading too far forward.

So assuming Reddit is a reliable source (big if), Ukraine currently have 4 world champions voluntarily fighting in their military.

The Klitschkos were in Ukraine already so probably couldn't leave anyway, but the reports are that Usyk and Lomachenko were safely abroad and chose to fly back to join the fight.

Serious respect if true, these guys are millionaires with the means to escape harm and plenty to live for. I don't think anyone would blame them for putting themselves and their families first and keeping themselves safe.

So assuming Reddit is a reliable source (big if), Ukraine currently have 4 world champions voluntarily fighting in their military.

The Klitschkos were in Ukraine already so probably couldn't leave anyway, but the reports are that Usyk and Lomachenko were safely abroad and chose to fly back to join the fight.

Serious respect if true, these guys are millionaires with the means to escape harm and plenty to live for. I don't think anyone would blame them for putting themselves and their families first and keeping themselves safe.
The Klitschko brothers were never going to leave. The older brother, Vitali, is Mayor of Kyiv (Ukraine capital).
I am extremely impressed by the Ukraine people. Plenty of heart and courage.
Hoping for the best.

Nikita's Tszyu's debut delayed until Thursday night because of the floods, I believe it's on Foxsports as well.
Heard it was delayed but didn't see when to. Glad it's still this week

No idea what to expect from him. Clearly getting the spot due to his surname but don't want to hold that against him.

More keen to see my boy Huni get back in, delayed until June last I heard. Annoying

Heard it was delayed but didn't see when to. Glad it's still this week

No idea what to expect from him. Clearly getting the spot due to his surname but don't want to hold that against him.

More keen to see my boy Huni get back in, delayed until June last I heard. Annoying

From the little I've seen and heard about Nikita he's a bigger puncher and probably more exciting to watch, seems he's got a bit of personality too. In short if he has Tim's talent I think he can be a superstar (big if though)

From the little I've seen and heard about Nikita he's a bigger puncher and probably more exciting to watch, seems he's got a bit of personality too. In short if he has Tim's talent I think he can be a superstar (big if though)
Is he starting too late now to get to that level? Would need to be fast tracked a little

Ive heard hes pretty exciting style wise. Guess we'll find out Thursday. Looking forward to it actually, our regional cards are almost always exciting. Id love to see fox sports commit to a midweek card a month. That would really grow things here and give a platform to the many pretty good (but not quite there yet) boxers we have.

Is he starting too late now to get to that level? Would need to be fast tracked a little

Ive heard hes pretty exciting style wise. Guess we'll find out Thursday. Looking forward to it actually, our regional cards are almost always exciting. Id love to see fox sports commit to a midweek card a month. That would really grow things here and give a platform to the many pretty good (but not quite there yet) boxers we have.

He's only 24, if he stays active (and keeps winning) he could get to 20-0 before he's 30, plenty of time to get to the US and fight those guys.

Getting way ahead of myself of course, let's see how he goes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back