Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Liam Smith vs Jessie Vargas today in Vegas. Vargas moving up to 154 off a 2 yr lay-off. Just saw the weigh in, beefy looks in ripping shape, Jessie not looking like he's been training hard. I reckon it'll be a 2nd half stoppage.

Good call, did you bet on it?

Watching the main event, anyone think some of this crowd noise is fake? Something a bit odd about it.

Anyway a good battle this far, seems Serrano is on top to me but it’s close

Good call, did you bet on it?

Watching the main event, anyone think some of this crowd noise is fake? Something a bit odd about it.

Anyway a good battle this far, seems Serrano is on top to me but it’s close
Yeah put two units on it 7-12 stoppage was 4.10 iirc. Was a cracking card. I had Serrano but it was close and bias can creep in, great fight.

Gallen, Garside, Nkita Tszyu next Wednesday. PPV i think but im sure te rivers will be easy

Good to see Garside active and getting eyeballs on both the kids via Gallen. Not worthy of $50 but should be a good card

Awesome, Garside and Nikita I'm sure need to be active this early in their careers so should be plenty of these Wed cards going forward, great concept.

Awesome, Garside and Nikita I'm sure need to be active this early in their careers so should be plenty of these Wed cards going forward, great concept.
Its a shame Dean Lonergans mid week cards stopped with Huni/Jai Opetai being more inactive. They had some rippers last year...

No Limit seem insistent on everything being bloody PPV atm! Pain in the ass

Its a shame Dean Lonergans mid week cards stopped with Huni/Jai Opetai being more inactive. They had some rippers last year...

No Limit seem insistent on everything being bloody PPV atm! Pain in the ass

Bloody oath, I mean who'd have thought that well matched fights would be more entertaining than the promoter's poster boys fighting cab drivers?

Honestly I think PPV will be phased out over the next few years, I cancelled my DAZN subscription last week like most of us but would keep it if I got all of the local boxing cards as well, I think something like that will eventually happen. Would be interesting to see how the Hardman v Zerafa fight did on PPV.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody oath, I mean who'd have thought that well matched fights would be more entertaining than the promoter's poster boys fighting cab drivers?

Honestly I think PPV will be phased out over the next few years, I cancelled my DAZN subscription last week like most of us but would keep it if I got all of the local boxing cards as well, I think something like that will eventually happen. Would be interesting to see how the Hardman v Zerafa fight did on PPV.
People have called the demise of PPV for years now. Theres more now than ever...

Theres zero chance that Zerafa ppv made money unless the boxers were simply taking a %. If they had a guarantee the promoter lost their ass and if boxers just agreed to a % they made nothing themselves. Who bought that?!

People have called the demise of PPV for years now. Theres more now than ever...

Theres zero chance that Zerafa ppv made money unless the boxers were simply taking a %. If they had a guarantee the promoter lost their ass and if boxers just agreed to a % they made nothing themselves. Who bought that?!

We’ll see I guess, I think a model like DAZN is the future. My mate loves WWE and they just pay for the WWE network and get all the PPVs, not sure how much but its reasonable, I wonder if the UFC will do that at some point

Question (dumb one probably) just subscribed to DAZN mainly for the Canelo V Bivol fight tomorrow, and wondering if it's available with my subscription or if it's PPV, and if it is (PPV) how the heck do you order it?

Suck s**t Canelo bivol won 9 rounds and the judges still tried to fu** him

Well at least he got the decision, so that's the main thing I guess. Thought the only way he would win was to either stop Canelo or dominate him so completely they couldn't steal it from him, did the latter and they still scored it a lot closer then it actually was.

Well at least he got the decision, so that's the main thing I guess. Thought the only way he would win was to either stop Canelo or dominate him so completely they couldn't steal it from him, did the latter and they still scored it a lot closer then it actually was.
Canelo is a good fighter but honestly he gets so much love from the judges I thought he lost both ggg fights

Bivol did that in a canter, his distance management and guard were amazing. Unreal jab, Canelo didn't have the power to worry Bivol at all, inviting him to the inside then short hooking him when he let his hands go. I dunno what you lads had that but I thought 115-113 was too close. I had 117-111. As much as I admire Canelo for what he has achieved, I did think he lost the first GGG fight and TBH, he has no business with Bivol or Beterbiev. If they ran that back, the same thing would happen.

Bivol's defense and timing are something else, he is an amazing tactician. Hopefully we get Bivol vs Beterbiev for undisputed :D

I love what he was trying to do across divisions. Shame more fighters dont take such tough fights *cough * bud/Spence/charlo/andrade etc. Now hes lost what fighters are there actually pining for the toughest fights on offer? Not as many as there should be

I love what he was trying to do across divisions. Shame more fighters dont take such tough fights *cough * bud/Spence/charlo/andrade etc. Now hes lost what fighters are there actually pining for the toughest fights on offer? Not as many as there should be
We've been so spoilt the last 20 years in the welterweight divisions, 140/147/154
that its easy to take incredible fights and boxers for granted. Two legends, floyd/manny then the likes of JMM, bradly, maidana, barrera, cotto didn't gaf who they fought, just brought the action.

I reckon Bud does Spence, he's a killer. Kell was doing really well till his eye went. Hope we see that fight.

We've been so spoilt the last 20 years in the welterweight divisions, 140/147/154
that its easy to take incredible fights and boxers for granted. Two legends, floyd/manny then the likes of JMM, bradly, maidana, barrera, cotto didn't gaf who they fought, just brought the action.

I reckon Bud does Spence, he's a killer. Kell was doing really well till his eye went. Hope we see that fight.
2 of the top 15-20 from all time fighting in our lifetime is pretty lucky. Floyd and Manny wont be replicated but * Bud and Spence tbh. Should have fought each other by now and both will avoid Boots too

Canelo beats GGG i think then probably Charlo. Wonder if he tries lhw again though, doesnt have the size but seems like a crazy campaigner who will go again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back