Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Telford has been in a few wars. Wear and tear might slow him down? Do you know Taylor?

I don't know him but train at the same gym, the trainers always love updating us as to how he's going. See him down there sometimes, he's always business that's for sure, those blokes are on a way different level to blokes like me that's for sure ha ha

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't know him but train at the same gym, the trainers always love updating us as to how he's going. See him down there sometimes, he's always business that's for sure, those blokes are on a way different level to blokes like me that's for sure ha ha
A mate from soccer started boxing semi seriously after years of training for exercise. Loved it but gave it away due to headaches

They're all on a different level to blokes like us lol. Lunatics! Toughest sport on earth imo. Nothing beats 3x12 rounds

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
A mate from soccer started boxing semi seriously after years of training for exercise. Loved it but gave it away due to headaches

They're all on a different level to blokes like us lol. Lunatics! Toughest sport on earth imo. Nothing beats 3x12 rounds

Yeah *en oath, the sound when a pro hits the bag is a little different to when I do ha ha.

I've sparred a couple of times, not at this gym though (yet). I've seen one of the bigger blokes there (I'm 6 1 and 102 kegs) and I don't really want a piece of him to be honest!

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah *en oath, the sound when a pro hits the bag is a little different to when I do ha ha.

I've sparred a couple of times, not at this gym though (yet). I've seen one of the bigger blokes there (I'm 6 1 and 102 kegs) and I don't really want a piece of him to be honest!
Everyone feels tough hitting a bag too. Then you see someone do it properly and realise you're nothing 😂.

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn

In my teens I trained at fighters factory really to keep fit but loved boxing and thought it wouldnt hurt to know how to defend myself properly .
Got stupid enough to ask to spar after a few years .....was sucking wind after 30 secs 😁

Far preffered the bag, speedball and the like that dont hit back . Thats hard enough without a next level maniac trying to hit you .

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton

Detune to cgcfcf loper ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

HAPPY CHEFFY

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2022
Stockholm
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Team Usyk
How awesome is that. Geez he was really listening to Rooney's instructions carefully, clearly respected his opinion. Love that jab-right-left body-left hook combo, that's a fight ender that one
Young properly trained Tyson was simply jaw dropping with those combos.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
In my teens I trained at fighters factory really to keep fit but loved boxing and thought it wouldnt hurt to know how to defend myself properly .
Got stupid enough to ask to spar after a few years .....was sucking wind after 30 secs 😁

Far preffered the bag, speedball and the like that dont hit back . Thats hard enough without a next level maniac trying to hit you .

I spent 7 great years there before Muzz shut up shop in the middle of the year, very sad that, had a great time there

Back