Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I guess this means neither of these guys is any closer to getting the Joshua fight?

Well they need to rematch so yeah I guess so. I've always thought Fury beats Joshua, but now I'm thinking Wilder will have a good chance as well. Joshua is fairly hittable and if Wilder can land on Fury (not that often but he did) he surely can on AJ, and I'm not sure his chin will hold up as well as Fury's did.

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well they need to rematch so yeah I guess so. I've always thought Fury beats Joshua, but now I'm thinking Wilder will have a good chance as well. Joshua is fairly hittable and if Wilder can land on Fury (not that often but he did) he surely can on AJ, and I'm not sure his chin will hold up as well as Fury's did.
They're the three best guys going round. Each guy can beat the other, on their day.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I thought he was at least out cold I agree, what a man. Great fight, don't agree with the decision but will be happy to see the rematch, what a dramatic affair.
I'm in the same boat. Thought Fury had it in the bag and whilst the scorecard from the one judge needs to be looked at, also needs to realised that these judges are looking at the fight from one angle which explains some discrepancy but not to that level.

Regardless of the result I'm just looking at the fight as a spectacle and as a casual fan that's one of the best spectacles I've seen in my adult life.

Farm Boy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Interesting the Mexican judge who gave the absolute bullshit 115-111 to wilder mostly scores on golden boy promotions cards

Shouldn’t be surprised after the bullshit they pulled on triple g twice

The Mexican judge didn't want to give it to a white man over a minority. Nothing else explains it. Apparently Floyd Mayweather left the fight in disgust. To me, that really says it all. Most astute observers had Fury up a couple of rounds, but here is the thing, according to that Mexican judge, even if Fury didn't get knocked down twice - he still would not have won. Unfair racial bias is the only explanation in my opinion.

The Mexican judge didn't want to give it to a white man over a minority. Nothing else explains it. Apparently Floyd Mayweather left the fight in disgust. To me, that really says it all. Most astute observers had Fury up a couple of rounds, but here is the thing, according to that Mexican judge, even if Fury didn't get knocked down twice - he still would not have won. Unfair racial bias is the only explanation in my opinion.
Well you know, maybe something like putting up a wall may have triggered it?

Farm Boy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda

No count is ever exactly 10 seconds. If they were we wouldn't even of had a Fury vs Wilder, because Wilder would have beaten the count against Ortiz. Thankfully the referee is there in the action, and he knows the fighters. If Fury was KO'd, or seriously hurt against Wilder - then he would not of made it up, he would have been iced cold.

Canelo this weekend. Ryan Garcia also on the card.

4CA389B6-95EC-4B99-8BC5-0323271FAC99.png

Farm Boy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
All this hate talk now about Lomachenko not being as impressive as usual, flogs saying he’s cherry picking & also saying he’s gonna get starched by Tank if he stops ducking..
Well here’s Pedraza’s opinion after fighting them both - remember Gervonta KO’d him in 7.

https://www.boxingscene.com/pedraza-lomachenko-definitely-better-gervonta-davis--134488

I thought Davis got through Pedraza easily and could have KO'd him earlier. Of the two wins, Tank was easily more impressive. From memory, I think Pedraza was undefeated prior to facing Tank. Nevertheless, I can't see Tank Davis beating Lomachenko. Styles make fights and Lomachenko has far too superior footwork in that fight. But the fight to be made right now is Mikey Garcia Vs Lomachenko. That is the best fight to be made in boxing atm bar none, it is an absolute no brainer. So annoying these fights don't get made. No fault of Garcia's though. He is going to head up divisions he doesn't belong in just for the challenge. Mayweather did similar.

I thought Davis got through Pedraza easily and could have KO'd him earlier. Of the two wins, Tank was easily more impressive. From memory, I think Pedraza was undefeated prior to facing Tank. Nevertheless, I can't see Tank Davis beating Lomachenko. Styles make fights and Lomachenko has far too superior footwork in that fight. But the fight to be made right now is Mikey Garcia Vs Lomachenko. That is the best fight to be made in boxing atm bar none, it is an absolute no brainer. So annoying these fights don't get made. No fault of Garcia's though. He is going to head up divisions he doesn't belong in just for the challenge. Mayweather did similar.
I think Pedraza was a bit of a time up for Loma after his surgery tho. Also it’s no secret Tank has it in power over Loma whereas Loma has the movement and speed.

Agree he should be giving us what we want with Garcia. Vasyl’s next fight is April 19th with the opponent as yet undecided.

Farm Boy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think Pedraza was a bit of a time up for Loma after his surgery tho. Also it’s no secret Tank has it in power over Loma whereas Loma has the movement and speed.

Agree he should be giving us what we want with Garcia. Vasyl’s next fight is April 19th with the opponent as yet undecided.

Once you rule out Garcia - who will be fighting Spence - there is nothing to get excited about in regards to Vasyl's next fight. I want to love Lomachenko, and he is an easy fighter to watch because he is so crafty, but he is never an underdog or expected to lose. He fights safe fights. Many questions unanswered. He is probably one of the best fighters in the world and should have absolutely no questions unanswered IMO. He is cautious and may come unstuck against a quality pressure fighter. That is the question he needs to answer IMO.

some boxing is on now out of NZ, god I just get frustrated at this sport
So why watch it? I once got frustrated at that Sunday church TV, ‘The Hour Of Power’. Never watched it again since. :shrug:

Back