Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

the_interloper

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
rigged

no urgency, constantly touching gloves. Canelo was doing fu** all and was behind yet barely pushing, or seemingly couldn't because of the reach/size factor.

Absolute load of shit. Why so concerned after he knocked him out? That's the name of the game. Bullshit result and btw^^^^ You had Canelo in front 4-3 after 7? LMAO.
It was close, Kovalev wasn’t really landing very hard, Canelo got better and landed plenty to the body, other than the 9th (I think) Canelo won all after the third, in my opinion of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

burge13

All Australian
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
One of the worst "big" fights in recent history. Kov was tentative becausehe knew if he opened up he would be picked off. You have a huge size advantage surely you try to use more power than flicking out nothing jabs 600x though.

Awful fight and delaying the walks 90 mins for UFC to finish was dumb too. Canelo was the biggest star fighting at the time, make the UFC wait if anything. Bizarre idea then after the delay doing 3 anthems?! Wasnt even an American fighting but play the yank anthem. Idiotic...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shade

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 14, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Colts, UVA, Pacers
The year is 2019 our ancestors fought in WW1 and 2 to watch these ******* geeks on youtube fight in a make believe fight.

god i wish i grew up in another generation shits so embarrassing.

burge13

All Australian
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Does anyone have a rough idea when the Hall vs. Gallen fight will actually start?
Looks like there's at least two fights on the undercard, but can't see much else.
I heard it might not even be main event and they'll push Moloney's interim title to the main event spot. If that's true it's harder to know

Boxing schedules aren't worth the paper they're written on anyway, always run late.

I would guess around 10pm eastern unless bout order changes

glenn2479

All Australian
Jun 9, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can anyone help with a venue in the eastern suburbs that might be showing the Hall fight?? I’ve rung a couple but it seems no one is showing it?
Ps. I’m not expecting an invite to anyone’s house. Just to clarify.

Nickos66

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Do any qualified to say actually think Barry Hall has a realistic chance? I really wouldn't have thought so.

I just get an overarching feeling that he'll look like Tarzan and fight like Jane.

When push comes to shove and the bell rings - the ref will have to jump in and save a shelled up Baz within the first few rounds.

Top Bottom