Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The worst part? I didn't see this coming.

Two undefeated fighters. A transatlantic contest. A massive buildup.

And I didn't put even a cent on the draw. It was paying $23 on the corporates, no doubt more elsewhere.

Fury was totally robbed, how the frig could they make that a draw and one judge had it 115-11 Wilder??? WTF? Wilder won two rounds, the knockdown rounds only....and even if you give him another two closer rounds he still loses comfortably. Boxing has been a joke for a long long time....

Absolutely disgusting.

Fury clearly won the fight even with the knockdowns.

What an absolute joke the sport has become.

A great fight ruined.

Too much money at stake in the AJ fight for Wilder to lose that IMO. Bullshit but that's the reality.

Wilder can hit ******* hard. He’s the real deal alright.
And for a big guy Fury moves like a middleweight. He’s well back to his best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

at the absolute most, Wilder gets 4 rounds. 10-9, 10-9, the knock down rounds 10-8 each.
the reaction from Wilder's corner and Wilder himself straight after the bell tells you he knew he was defeated.
this is where MMA is actually a purer sport. the decision in 95% of matches is self deciding.
you can bet your arse, if Wilder and AJ fight in the UK, AJ will win regardless of the real result.
a great fight, ruined by disgraceful scoring

Wilder knocked Fury down in the last at 2:21. When Fury finally got up it was 2:11 and then the ref gave him another 6 seconds to gather his marbles.
Tyson very lucky to get a long count there. :think:

Wilder knocked Fury down in the last at 2:21. When Fury finally got up it was 2:11 and then the ref gave him another 6 seconds to gather his marbles.
Tyson very lucky to get a long count there. :think:
They always do that though, the get up time is always seperate to them doing their quick glove touch check. It shouldn’t be but it is!

They always do that though, the get up time is always seperate to them doing their quick glove touch check. It shouldn’t be but it is!
Yeah I still think he was counted out tho.

3986EA53-008B-4909-9A95-82EEB7009D8A.jpeg

I thought he was at least out cold I agree, what a man. Great fight, don't agree with the decision but will be happy to see the rematch, what a dramatic affair.
He dropped like he had been shot :p. Sherdog boxing sub forum reckons it was a planned event. :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back