Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Canelo put on a masterclass today. Got Fielding out of there in round 3. I think it puts Canelo at no1 P4P. He looked impressive at 168. His head movement and nuanced boxing skill allow him to either evade punches or take them on the gloves - allowing him to get inside with relative ease. He was exceptional in going to the body. His opponent was below world level, but Canelo still looked very good at 168. Taking into consideration the fact he was fighting at 155 a bit over a year ago, it is a good effort. He gives up a lot of attributes at 168.

Nice card this Saturday with the twin lions each in a title defense.

Interesting that they’re immediately calling Canelo out and have nicknamed him “cinnamon”. :tearsofjoy:

F3F39BCD-C16F-4AD7-909B-B75A959BEFF0.png

Canelo put on a masterclass today. Got Fielding out of there in round 3. I think it puts Canelo at no1 P4P. He looked impressive at 168. His head movement and nuanced boxing skill allow him to either evade punches or take them on the gloves - allowing him to get inside with relative ease. He was exceptional in going to the body. His opponent was below world level, but Canelo still looked very good at 168. Taking into consideration the fact he was fighting at 155 a bit over a year ago, it is a good effort. He gives up a lot of attributes at 168.

He seems to have grown a lot in confidence after surviving the first GGG fight that's for sure, he's much more sure of his chin and is letting his hands go accordingly. Even though that first fight should have without doubt been given to GGG, I think the 2nd was razor thin and after seeing the fight three times now have no problem at all with a Canelo win, a draw or GGG win, it was that close. Pisses me off boxing is dirty though. I'd like to see how the mexican beef star goes against Gilberto Ramirez, Callum Smith and Jermall Charlo.

Last edited:
Chisora and Dillion Whyte fighting again tomorrow, if you saw the first one it was an absolute cracker, back and forth war. It's free on Foxtel early morn, well worth a look.
Can’t stand Whyte and hope he gets starched.

Was funny him calling out Wilder after he KO’d Lucas Browne. Big Daddy was so over the hill and moved slightly slower than a glacier ffs.

Whyte gets it done over Chisora. Pretty annoying that he gets the win, because he keeps his place in line for AJ. Could create some annoying problems stopping a potential AJ/Wilder matchup .

Also, the Charlo brothers come back down to earth today. Jermell loses his first fight, and Jermall nearly blows it against a late fill in.

Also, the Charlo brothers come back down to earth today. Jermell loses his first fight, and Jermall nearly blows it against a late fill in.
Rough decision against Jermell tho. He pushed the action & I thought he clearly won.

And I think his brother was far from blowing it, unanimous decision although he obviously wasn’t completely focused after watching his sibling get robbed.

Whyte gets it done over Chisora. Pretty annoying that he gets the win, because he keeps his place in line for AJ. Could create some annoying problems stopping a potential AJ/Wilder matchup .

Did i hear right that two judges had Chisora ahead? That would seem a joke, particularly after losing two points. What a great fight though!

That Aussie Quinlan was a bit unlucky in the undercard, probably outclasses but that punch he copped on the break had a bit on it, was probably the difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw Eubank on fox yesterday. Opponent kept holding on. Serves the campaigner right for getting slammed into the canvas. Eubank got a point taken away, but the campaigner deserved it and should have been penalised for his constant clinching.

Is Floyd officially back for another fight? I think he is. Then again, did that * ever retire.

Is Floyd officially back for another fight? I think he is. Then again, did that **** ever retire.

Hard to retire when you spend about a million a day on crap! He's about as good with money as communists are with logic.

wtf, how out of shape is Maidana. Looks more like Maradona at his peak. Peak of his fat glory days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back