Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I didnt watch all of it, nor did I watch the decision. But the last round was a knock down not called for Ugas. Would have been a draw if it were scored.

Load of s**t.

Anyone watching today. I'll go Porter but expecting a good fight. That Efe Ajagba is a monster if you've seen his highlights.
Next week is the go!!
Ajagba to be the next big thing I reckon. :thumbsu:

Errol Spence v Mikey Garcia is on (I think?) this weekend (March 16 in the US). It's a big match up, two fantastic and unbeaten fighters...does anyone know a pub in Melbourne which will be showing it?

So yeah... Doesn't look like it was posted here, but Wilder turned down a three fight $100M with DAZN, that would've included two fights with AJ.

Fair to say we'll never see those two fight. Boxing can be so cruel at times.

Andrew Moloney knocks out Gonzalez in hostile territory. He is now in the mandatory position for the WBA title. Will be awesome to have an Aussie win the world title.

KO here:

Side note: Moloney was down on the scorecards at the time. He was easily winning the fight though.Good thing the KO avoided the robbery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Loma truly is a special talent.
Will go on to become an ATGHOF and I feel privileged to be able to see him fight in our lifetime.

No surprises to hear Crawford handled Khan quite easily, albeit with a bit of controversy.
Hit him low. But Khan was never gonna win that anyway.
Down in the 1st.

Crawford is the poster boy for American boxing atm but I still don’t get the hype.

Sure he’s a great fighter but it’s just stock standard as far as I’m concerned considering his resume is quite flimsy.

If he can take Thurman & Garcia next then it may be impressive.

It’s not like Loma is gonna come up but a lot rests on the outcome of Kieth v Pac-Man.

Bud hasn’t been properly tested yet.

Hit him low. But Khan was never gonna win that anyway.
Down in the 1st.

Crawford is the poster boy for American boxing atm but I still don’t get the hype.

Sure he’s a great fighter but it’s just stock standard as far as I’m concerned considering his resume is quite flimsy.

If he can take Thurman & Garcia next then it may be impressive.

It’s not like Loma is gonna come up but a lot rests on the outcome of Kieth v Pac-Man.

Bud hasn’t been properly tested yet.

I'm a fan of Loma, reckon he's the best going around at the moment: stunning footwork, lateral movement, surgical combinations. I think that Bud is more than hype, though. He's such a sharp and versatile fighter.

But you're right, fighters are ultimately judged by the quality of the opponents they beat. My biggest hope is that they can arrange Crawford v Spence. I'm not sure who'd win (leaning towards Bud, might have a different view tomorrow), but I suspect that they'll bring out the best in each other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back