Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a fan of Loma, reckon he's the best going around at the moment: stunning footwork, lateral movement, surgical combinations. I think that Bud is more than hype, though. He's such a sharp and versatile fighter.

But you're right, fighters are ultimately judged by the quality of the opponents they beat. My biggest hope is that they can arrange Crawford v Spence. I'm not sure who'd win (leaning towards Bud, might have a different view tomorrow), but I suspect that they'll bring out the best in each other.
Agreed Bud is good but I don’t see anything extra with him.

Loma is special.
Roy Jones was special.
Mike Tyson was special.

Crawford is looking very good but his opponents, whilst being good fighters aren’t anything special.

Khan looked beat up bad after that fight tho.

EE3144B4-93BD-4920-9ABC-A81557A92B27.jpeg

The Canelo vs Jacobs fight was entertaining. Even though it was a close fight I thought Canelo had the upper hand until Jacobs went crack in the 9th round. Before that Jacobs missed a lot of his jabs.

Will have to re-watch it but I didn't enjoy the fight at all. The one before it though, holy *. Garcia is a gun.

Great knockout

So much for Jarrett "slow start" Hurd. Williams smashed him
Disappointing. Really like Hurd. That being said, I think the weight cut is too much for him. He walks around at 190lbs+, but manages to cut down to 154lbs. Needs to move up IMO.

Here's what I love:

Heavyweight is fun - we have Wilder/Fury/Joshua/Parker/Whyte etc.

Here's what I hate:

They're pretty much all fighting guys who have NO ******* REASON being in there with them at this point in time, instead of each other.

Brilliant sport, rubbish business. Hope it either changes it's way or dies soon; so it can be rebuilt without the corruption and politics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly what I said, Breazeale should NOT be in there with guys like that. He's so many levels below.

Hasn't the state of Heavyweight boxing just changed!
For the better.... Joshua was a Hollywood Champion who was holding the division back.
Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder would kill him, and he knows it
I hope Ruiz knocks him out again December and we can finally see a Champ v Champ fight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back