Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That was an underwhelming contest. Fury schooled Schwarz, especially when Schwarz threw 4 punches in a row that did not connect and Fury landed most of his jabs.

Tyson Fury is such a character. Loved his Apollo Creed intro.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bare knuckle madness, from 8 weeks ago.
Lobov takes on Paulie Malignaggi this weekend, only 9 weeks after this brutal encounter.

I find this intriguing and will watch, I think the best method in this is attack as defending oneself with bare hands is harder than if you have gloves. I think Paulie is in trouble, I believe he is known for brittle hands?

Pacman vs Thurman in just over 2 weeks. Thurman left school at 16 to become a boxer. Love it. Literally Handed in his books to the principle as they had to do and the Principle says

'' do you really want to put all your eggs in one basket ''

Thurmans response

'' I've got a pretty good basket ''

Goes on to become and undefeated World Champion. *en beaaaaaaaaautiful.

Terrible news. So many great boxers have lost their lives.

Corrales, Forrest, Gatti, obviously many more but quite a few that died before their time.

Sad to lose Sweet P. Greatest defensive boxer of all time. Really sad to see him lose his life so relatively young.

Sad to lose Sweet P. Greatest defensive boxer of all time. Really sad to see him lose his life so relatively young.

I had him on my wall growing up, a fold-out poster from the old 'KO Magazine'. Whitaker won't feature on too many 'greatest knockout' highlight tapes, but he was a sublime technician.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back