Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

It can be free if you know what I mean...

T35rGN.gif

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Moloneys getting steps up in comp will be good. Glad theyre getting eyes on them tonight, deserve it. Hopefully casuals appreciate real skill vs the shitshow that will be Hall/Gallen

Draw. Set up a rematch. Shock horror, the soap opera continues

Post match sounded like Baz wasn't keen at all though. Seemed like a one and done for a quick pay day.

Boxing doesn't help itself at all.

Can't see Barry fighting again, he's 42 and proved to himself he could last with an OK boxer. Except for money there's not much point.

Also shows the quality of fat jokes Gallen has in his record if a 42 year old in his first fight can last with him. I don't know if 3 minute rounds would have helped Gallen as he was so aggressive he was cooked by the 6th, I guess he would argue he would have been more likely to knock him out later in the early rounds though.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
2 million for the winner . Not sure how much for the loser . So no one wins the jackpot . Wonder if rolls over to the next fight .
The winner would fight SBW for roughly a $2M purse (i seriously doubt this. Nno chance promoters would get that money back). There wasnt a winner cheque for 2m tonight...

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
What result did you think it was, assuming you watched it live
I think Gallen should have edged but see some sense in the draw as well. Hall often won the first 30 secs, then stalled then lost the last minute. Did enough to look impressive enough to judges i guess.

Gallen is a god awful boxer though, how he got to 10-0 is mystifying to me. Nothing but a nightclub bouncer, hopeless skill wise but he does push forward, he is the aggressor and he does land shots...

Back