Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

I think Gallen should have edged but see some sense in the draw as well. Hall often won the first 30 secs, then stalled then lost the last minute. Did enough to look impressive enough to judges i guess.

Gallen is a god awful boxer though, how he got to 10-0 is mystifying to me. Nothing but a nightclub bouncer, hopeless skill wise but he does push forward, he is the aggressor and he does land shots...

And if it were 3 minute rounds?

IronMike

All Australian
Jul 22, 2010
Locked up in Don King's basement.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Collingwood
Unbelievable, I’d given every round to Ortiz up till that point. Genuine gameplan, get through the first 6 and throw a bomb, knock him out. Simple gameplan if you can do it I guess ha ha

Wilder said it best in the fox interview afterwards "they have to be perfect for 12 rounds, I just have to be perfect for 2 seconds".

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
What was Mundine trying to achieve sitting on the ropes for minutes at a time. Just let JWP be the aggressor which easily sways judges. When Mundine jabbed it worked, just didnt do it enough. Fun fight though and always fun to see AM lose

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
You also have rocks in your head.

;).

I scored one round even, I thought cards could be all over the place but they weren’t far away. It depended on how you saw Parr pushing the pressure but being a bit sloppy or Mundine rope a doping and being more efficient but less frequently. * I loved the fight, gonna watch again this week no doubt.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tszyu fight is on ESPN+ in America so there'll be heaps more streams available at least.

Still seriously baffles me a guy with <2000 twitter followers is on PPV. He hasn't grown is fan base in years because he's hidden behind a paywall. It's so, so bloody stupid. His handlers are going to cost him a shitload of money when he goes overseas and no one in his homeland care because they haven't a clue who he is other than being Kosta's son...

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
7:30-8 I would say, lucky I have a 4 year old alarm clock so I'm sorted ha ha
The only time I've been envious of those with a young one waking them up then :tearsofjoy:

AJ Decision for mine. He can't go out there trying to be spectacular, just follow the Parker fight, play safe and use his size. Judges will give him any and all swing rounds too so that helps...

Do hope Ruiz wins though. There's something about ruining promoters plans that I love. Wallin almost gave us that moment, let's see Ruiz do it here. Matchroom are just about done with a loss Sunday

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
The only time I've been envious of those with a young one waking them up then :tearsofjoy:

AJ Decision for mine. He can't go out there trying to be spectacular, just follow the Parker fight, play safe and use his size. Judges will give him any and all swing rounds too so that helps...

Do hope Ruiz wins though. There's something about ruining promoters plans that I love. Wallin almost gave us that moment, let's see Ruiz do it here. Matchroom are just about done with a loss Sunday

Exactly right, i reckon he had 4 inches of reach on Parker and it seemed like double that, he controlled the distance very well in that fight. (Was also helped by the ref not allowing any infighting of course)

If the rumours were true about the bad KO Joshua copped in sparring just before the first Ruiz fight you'd think he can take the rematch.

Back