Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got Fury by decision. I think you're right about Fury, he does have power but chooses to fight more evasively for his future health (he said as much on Rogan's podcast).

I'm so excited for this one though, the first one was so dramatic, I'm sure the rematch won't get close but it still should be awesome. Add the UFC Kiwi card and it's going to be a great Sunday.
The first one is probably my favourite fight. Big Fury fan, the comeback story, the WWE Undertaker like revival in the 12th (I thought he was stiffed). Madness. Wish they'd run it back sooner but it's finally happening.

Interesting to see the odds have dropped sharply in the past week. Wilder now the favorite to beat Fury.

For those who have Kayo/Fox it's well worth checking out the first fight on the Caleb Plant card from the weekend (Dulay vs Magdaleno). I reckon it's the best fight I've seen in 2020 so far.

I'm looking forward to DAZN's card this weekend, Sunday morning our time. Garcia/Vargas with Parker and Julio Cesar Martinez both on the undercard.

Martinez is one of my favourite fighters, tough little bugger who's such a smooth mover.

Boy that Martinez fight sure lived up to expectations. Cracking action for 12 rounds.

Full credit to Harris, I hadn't seen anyone take it up to Martinez like that before, but it won't be long before Martinez is up there somewhere in the p4p.

Sounds like DAZN is going to be launched in Australia on May 2nd to coincide with Canelo's fight.

Hopefully it's priced as reasonably as it is in other countries. Will be well worth getting in that case imo, especially since they'll no doubt pull all their content from Fox after that.

Outstanding news. Hopefully something like $20 a month. That being said, their isn't much on DAZN besides Canelo and any Matchroom cards outside the U.K.

Hopefully AJ fights will be on DAZN. Not holding my breath though.

Outstanding news. Hopefully something like $20 a month. That being said, their isn't much on DAZN besides Canelo and any Matchroom cards outside the U.K.

Hopefully AJ fights will be on DAZN. Not holding my breath though.

I'm excited by the news, but you're right that the product range is limited. It can be hoped that the extension of DAZN will mean more subscribers, which will bring greater revenue, which will bring more fighters/fights. It has certainly generated a lot of momentum in a short amount of time, I can see it picking up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There isn't anywhere near enough on DAZN to get me to subscribe. I still get Foxtel which has UFC, a good amount of boxing + footy etc. Any boxing card (3-5 a year) I find streams for easily. Those 3-5 aren't worth $240 a year...

AJ generally fights at 8am Sunday so I miss the prelim card and get up for his fight, Canelo has fought Fielding on DAZN, AJ fighting Pulev. This isn't exactly top shelf product yet

Too many streaming services. Soon we will wish we had Foxtel back owning almost everything...

There isn't anywhere near enough on DAZN to get me to subscribe. I still get Foxtel which has UFC, a good amount of boxing + footy etc. Any boxing card (3-5 a year) I find streams for easily. Those 3-5 aren't worth $240 a year...

AJ generally fights at 8am Sunday so I miss the prelim card and get up for his fight, Canelo has fought Fielding on DAZN, AJ fighting Pulev. This isn't exactly top shelf product yet

Too many streaming services. Soon we will wish we had Foxtel back owning almost everything...

Yeah i'm not keen either, i've just signed back up to UFC Fight Pass and it's amazing, so much more content than a few years ago, DAZN would want to be good.

I never have any trouble finding streams but the issue with them is you either catch it live or not at all (other than the main events which are usually put up somewhere later).

With Kayo (and presumably DAZN) I like the convenience of being able to go back and watch the undercard at my leisure. Watching one fight a night over the next week is much preferable to sitting down for 4 hours straight on the weekend.

I read somewhere $20 a month but I believe there are annual subs which work out $10/m?

Yeah that's what I was hoping for - somewhere around 100-150 a year like in the States.

Stuff is always more expensive here though so I don't think we'll get the 100 per year like they do.

Horn v Tszyu in Townsville. A bit of a logistical nightmare for us coming from interstate, they couldn't have picked a more annoying flight...

25k seat stadium apparently. Honestly not sure that even sells out.

Anyone else going to this?

Sounds like all the major cards cancelled this weekend, including Stevenson's world title fight. Could be a while before we see some more boxing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back