Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim better than many thought or Jeff moving to retirement quicker?

Credit to Horn for the effort but not much more he could take out of that, completely outboxed. Maybe time to think about teaching/coaching.

Congrats Tszyu

Lol so much s**t talk from the garrulous announcer and his putrid introduction to Jeff Fenech changing his opinion by the round.
good to see a decent aussie boxer for once looked class timmy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That body shot that debilitated him, I felt that at home. That was one of his dad's punches. What an absolutely clowning, Tim casually dismantled him on the inside when he could have cruised to the win on the outside. ******* great talent.

Horn/Zerafa easy to get done youd assume but Jeff should call it a day. That was a club boxer effort tonight
They never *en do when they should though

Horn is obvi a good dude, and the Pac fight is memorable (take your pick for what reason) but would think (and hope) Tim will leave behind a much more significant legacy to Australian boxing, once his career is done.

Like NSWCROW 's post, heart can only take you so far. Tim has skill and age on his side. Was a big step up and came through with flying colors. Lot to be positive about for the future.

What was everyone expecting from horn? he fights that way every single fight, he was gone last fight and shouldnt of won the ref saved him there was only one way this fight was going.

His skills where only ever going to give him an inch but he managed to take a mile all the credit to him for that.

Enjoy the time with your family mate you've got nothing left to give or prove.

That body shot that debilitated him, I felt that at home. That was one of his dad's punches. What an absolutely clowning, Tim casually dismantled him on the inside when he could have cruised to the win on the outside. ******* great talent.
Best/worst ( for Jeff ) part of that was he didnt't really start concentrating on that body shot until after the 1st few rds.
He could've felt comfy and settled into a sense of security but he had a plan and stuck to it.

Tim better than many thought or Jeff moving to retirement quicker?

A combination of the two I think. Conventional wisdom said Horn would bully Tim if he managed to get inside while Tim would have the advantage in punching range. Horn couldn't stop getting inside early, but Tim looked like the stronger, more balanced fighter in the clinch and his advantage at range looked more pronounced than expected. I think his strength really surprised Horn and might have broken him a bit to be honest.

This was easily the best Tim has looked both physically and stylistically. Those grapple heavy fights can be draining, but he looked like he was barely breathing after 8 rounds. At world level I think he will need to be busier in fights. He is very patient like his old man was, but doesn't have the same one shot power or killer instinct that his dad did at the moment. He is shaping up to be a terrific fighter though and I think he's a great chance to bring world title fights to Australia in the next 2 to 3 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back