Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A tentative fight more than a chess match.

Loma pulled the trigger far too late, didn't start putting punches together until the second half of the fight, which was a shame because he'd effectively closed the distance between them by the 4th round.

Lopez did well not to get too flustered when Loma finally applied some heat. He's got a big mouth but at least he can back it up.

Was rooting for Teo and thought he'd win. But once the fight started couldn't help but root for the more humble man in Loma. I thought he was going to get at least a draw when he started pressing, maybe even a win. But that last round was enough for Lopez and imo as esti scored it I had it 115-113.

That 119-109 judge was a *******. Maybe she should have been at that fight in England earlier on where Ritson got the nod in a bs decision. Even the pommy commentators who are usually so biased for their home boys were shocked and disgraced.

lol.

And yep wtf did Loma leave it so late to press? One of The most intelligent, strategic and tactical boxers of all time surely didn't wait for the 2nd half of the fight to go at it after he surely knew he was down 6-0?

holy *en s**t. The smartest man outsmarted himself.

And yep wtf did Loma leave it so late to press? One of The most intelligent, strategic and tactical boxers of all time surely didn't wait for the 2nd half of the fight to go at it after he surely knew he was down 6-0?

holy fu**en sh*t. The smartest man outsmarted himself.

I think he had the right strategy, but was too hesitant to execute.

Lopez might have caught him with the right hand early on, which gave Loma a lot to think about. Lopez was definitely connecting with solid body shots in rounds 1-5.

EklpRJTW0AA6513.jpg

You can't even make this s**t up. Julie Lederman must have gone to the Adalaide Byrd school for judging.

EklpRJTW0AA6513.jpg

You can't even make this sh*t up. Julie Lederman must have gone to the Adalaide Byrd school for judging.

Only Tim Cheatham gave Loma proper credit for the second half of the fight.

116-112 seems about right to me, which is what I thought the scorecard would be before the fight...in Loma's favour.

I had it the same as Pink except I gave Loma R2 as well.

I don't know how Blue didn't give Loma any of R8, R9, or R10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the first time I've seen Huni in action, he puts together some lovely combos for a big boy.

That Opelu has some kind of chin though. He took a serious amount of punishment and barely flinched.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back