Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He got made an offer, said his number and they came to the party that's all, it should be an easy fight for him to win you'd think.
He should win easily, his chin isn't what it was though and he's showing clear signs of CTE already. More training and fighting isn't going to end well...
Is this 2 min rounds like the Hall fight?

He should win easily, his chin isn't what it was though and he's showing clear signs of CTE already. More training and fighting isn't going to end well...
Is this 2 min rounds like the Hall fight?

You're right of course, combat sport isn't really for 46 year olds. I guess I can't see Gallen putting a beating on him like Stipe did for example but of course it's not a great idea.

Yeah I don't know about the round length, it's funny though I was thinking and I can't really recall Hunt gassing in too many fights. People are assuming fitness will favour Gallen but I'm not so sure. I think Hunt doesn't expend the nervous energy a lot of other fighters do so though he doesn't look fit he uses his gas tank sparingly.

You're right of course, combat sport isn't really for 46 year olds. I guess I can't see Gallen putting a beating on him like Stipe did for example but of course it's not a great idea.

Yeah I don't know about the round length, it's funny though I was thinking and I can't really recall Hunt gassing in too many fights. People are assuming fitness will favour Gallen but I'm not so sure. I think Hunt doesn't expend the nervous energy a lot of other fighters do so though he doesn't look fit he uses his gas tank sparingly.
Hunt isn't a cardio machine by any stretch but his power carries through fights whereas other fighters lose it. Small gloves have probably helped mask his cardio a bit though...

Gallen comes crashing in, head down, over and over. Hunt will time him within 2 rounds IF he hasn't fallen off a cliff age-wise

Hunt isn't a cardio machine by any stretch but his power carries through fights whereas other fighters lose it. Small gloves have probably helped mask his cardio a bit though...

Gallen comes crashing in, head down, over and over. Hunt will time him within 2 rounds IF he hasn't fallen off a cliff age-wise

Yeah from what I've seen of Gallen he's pretty hittable, and I think Hunt won't have to be too patient to see an opening. I feel he should be able to finish it within 3 rounds, but yes age will certainly be a factor (and is a bit unknown at the moment)

Ive got Gallen winning at this stage. Different punching in an MMA fight to fighting in a boxing match. No question of Hunt's K.O power. But it's a different ball game in terms of movements, and the way you move in between combo's/punching.

Does Hunt have a boxing back ground? Again, I know of his punching ability. But does he specifically orginate from a boxing background? ( not street fighting )

Ive got Gallen winning at this stage. Different punching in an MMA fight to fighting in a boxing match. No question of Hunt's K.O power. But it's a different ball game in terms of movements, and the way you move in between combo's/punching.

Does Hunt have a boxing back ground? Again, I know of his punching ability. But does he specifically orginate from a boxing background? ( not street fighting )

He's had two fights for one draw and one loss. He's had a lot of experience in the big gloves though with his kickboxing and K1 careers, admittedly quite a while ago.

He's an ex-K1 Grand Prix kickboxing world champ.

And he doesn't gas because he only throws 1-3 punches per round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hunt doesn't throw with any volume but his power will carry to bigger gloves. Especially when Gallen comes crashing in head down, lunging in like he did against Hall. Hunt will sleep him if he fights like that

Hunt's had a lot more kickboxing fights than MMA. And in K1 he was more like a boxer who checked leg kicks, similar to Ray Sefo or Zambidis. Hell, Hunt vs Sefo was basically a boxing match.

Worrying whether Hunt is a 'boxer' is futile. The guy he's fighting isn't a boxer either. I've seen more skillful security guards on a Saturday night than Gallen. He's also fought absolutely no one. Big jump in class to an actual fighter from a retired footy player with decent technique and a geriatric Hopoate

Worrying whether Hunt is a 'boxer' is futile. The guy he's fighting isn't a boxer either. I've seen more skillful security guards on a Saturday night than Gallen. He's also fought absolutely no one. Big jump in class to an actual fighter from a retired footy player with decent technique and a geriatric Hopoate

Well this is why Gallen certainly has my respect, he could probably earn as much fighting another footy player in a much easier fight, he's chosen to challenge himself with a real fighter who could seriously hurt him.

That fight is just nuts. Even funnier when you think it's two Kiwis punching on in front of a whole crowd of Japanese, they must not have known what hit them ha ha
Anything would be an improvement over that bullshit Floyd suckered them for.

But then again they have Sumo wrestling, that s**t is awesome. 👍👍

Anything would be an improvement over that bullshit Floyd suckered them for.

But then again they have Sumo wrestling, that sh*t is awesome. 👍👍

I went to the sumo a couple of years ago at Kokugikan Arena, it was one of the big tournaments in January. Was a great day, kick back with 5 dollar beers and watched a heap of bouts, well worth it.

Hunt will gas if it goes any length of time. Has an iron chin, wont get kod. Might get a standing count for not retuning fire if it goes late. Gallen must not stand and slog early. Needs to stand on his jab and get some respect early though, has to stop Hunt coming forward. Gallen hasnt the footwork, height or skills to box at range so must punch, bob, weave and tie Hunt up till Hunt gasses, then begin opening up. Gallen has to be careful he doesnt walk into one as Hunt gets gassed and desperate.

This is a test of how intelligent Gallen is as a boxer. Hes fit, tough and actually can fight. Wont have reach worries like vs Hall. If the Hall fight was a real 3 minute per round fight, and a different ref, Hall would have been tkod. Ref intervened every time Gallen got some momentum or Hall looked in need of a rest.

Gallen has got this if he fights smart.

a different ref, Hall would have been tkod. Ref intervened every time Gallen got some momentum or Hall looked in need of a rest.

Mate, what fight were you watching? The ref gave Gallen more than enough time to work on the inside when Hall tied him up, he just lacked the skills to do anything.

Gallen fights like a headless chook, charging in with arms flailing all over the place. If he wins it's because Hunt is 46 years old and has been retired for a couple years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back