Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Crawford vs Brook on Sunday. Love the previews they do on fox. Tyson vs Jones coming up too which is a load of s**t, which is boxing, and like 90 percent of other moron boxing fans, I will be watching.

Mate, what fight were you watching? The ref gave Gallen more than enough time to work on the inside when Hall tied him up, he just lacked the skills to do anything.

Gallen fights like a headless chook, charging in with arms flailing all over the place. If he wins it's because Hunt is 46 years old and has been retired for a couple years.
Your limited knowledge is obvious. You cant break down a whole fight let alone round by round.

Your limited knowledge is obvious. You cant break down a whole fight let alone round by round.
I don't why you think Gallen will stand behind his jab, he's never displayed having a competent, let alone good jab
Or why you think Hunt will come out all guns blazing and gas. He's low output, counter striker

Gallen will do what he's always done, bullrush forward with his head down flailing winging shots. That isn't to say he can't improve, or he can't win (he's fighting a brain-damaged 46 year old after all) but he doesn't have the skills you say he does. He's just a kings cross bouncer with gloves on. Very average skills

Hunt should land an uppercut within 2 rounds to end it

I don't why you think Gallen will stand behind his jab, he's never displayed having a competent, let alone good jab
Or why you think Hunt will come out all guns blazing and gas. He's low output, counter striker

Gallen will do what he's always done, bullrush forward with his head down flailing winging shots. That isn't to say he can't improve, or he can't win (he's fighting a brain-damaged 46 year old after all) but he doesn't have the skills you say he does. He's just a kings cross bouncer with gloves on. Very average skills

Hunt should land an uppercut within 2 rounds to end it
Gallens jab is more educated than you give him credit for. Being short doesnt give him as much opportunity to display it. He is pretty correct in his style actually.

Hunt may try and conserve energy by fighting in spurts. Stand behind a jab etc. But boxing is hard work. The problem is someone is trying to hit you back. You are MADE to use energy. MADE to fight when your arms are weak and your lungs are burning. One tends to 'load up' when one is gassed in an attempt to get an opponent to back off. It uses a lot more energy and compounds the problem.

I dont know what sort of diet Hunt has been on lately, but the Polynesian diet isnt exactly one for fitness fanatics. Gallen is a fitness freak. Gallen will know he has a fitness advantage and will push Hunt hard. Ride out the attacks and reply when Hunt rests.

The square ring is a very bad place to be if you lack fitness.

I think the bookies are sleeping on Brook, 7 bux on SB. I rekn he's a live dog in this fight and think a pre GGG/Spence brook would beat Bud.

Got it. Gallen is going to outwork Hunt with his superior cardio, technically sound jab and his ring experience, while Hunt is likely to struggle with the concepts and principles of boxing and being hit, particularly due to his Polynesian diet and being in an actual ring.

No, you got 3 things wrong. (1) its not a complex technical fight and Hunts hand skills will be fine. (2) We know Hunt can handle being hit. (3) And i didnt mean that the physical 'square ring' would inhibit Hunt on any level, besides the fact he will actually be in it, and gassed at some point, with a fitter opponent making him work.

But i applaud you for your brevity.

Ok buddy.
I dont know what sort of diet Hunt has been on lately, but the Polynesian diet isnt exactly one for fitness fanatics.
lol.

Nice sig btw. Was it Trump who told ya how bad the Polynesian diet is? Someone shoulda told David Tua to layoff the Kumara then.

Ok buddy.

lol.

Nice sig btw. Was it Trump who told ya how bad the Polynesian diet is? Someone shoulda told David Tua to layoff the Kumara then.
How many heavyweight title fights has Trump hosted at Trump plaza, with Trump ringside? Id suggest he would know a LOT more about boxing than you..

Tua was a good fighter when he was fit. He got up to about 160kg in the last few years..

Australias Vegas Larfield just won on the Crawford undercard. Pretty inactive and dont know much about him but looked promising there against an undefeated opponent scoring a few knockdowns

In fact, Brook was winning the Spence fight until his orbital bone went in the 7th, should be some good action in this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Bradley. "Brook is the #1 British welterweight in the world". Sums up the ridiculousness of the fight, having to add so many caveats to say hes "number 1". Ridiculous

Moloney getting screwed by the ref. Going to replay but Byrd and Bennett are idiots so who knows what happens here. Never a dull/competent moment in boxing
That might be the most disgraceful ruling I've ever seen. Pretty much vindicated why MMA and the UFC has gone past Boxing in America. Corruption

That might be the most disgraceful ruling I've ever seen. Pretty much vindicated why MMA and the UFC has gone past Boxing in America. Corruption
Honestly bewildering. Thing is Moloney was the house fighter so "corruption" should go his way. Its just sheer incompetence week after week with these fossils. 80 year old judges every week who cant see. So many suits in athletic commissions collecting money for sfa

Alot of negatives with the ufc but s**t like this gets fixed quick. If that happens, dana puts them on blast and doesnt go back to the state for a while as punishment, so they lose $.

27 MINUTES?! Imagine VAR or a score review taking 27 minutes ffs. Its insane how often boxing hurts itself

Edit: arum said hes "getting the * out of vegas". Wont happen as theres no state taxes there, too beneficial to stay but be nice if he sticks to that for a while

Moloney's result was an embarrasment to the sport.

As for Crawford. I know a lot of people will be disappointed, but I love watching a fighter that fast and that good

Crawfords a gun. Bashed him. Good. Arrogant spoilt twat that Brook. Crawford adjusted tactics swiftly and brilliantly.

What a s**t production. I got the PPV, Maloney was warming up then nothing for 23-30 minutes. It was like the PPV went off air so I changed channels. Luckily I thought I'd give it a go and changed it back just in time for Crawford getting announced in the ring.

Maloney fight go the distance? robbed was he?

Crawfords a gun. Bashed him. Good. Arrogant spoilt twat that Brook. Crawford adjusted tactics swiftly and brilliantly.

What a sh*t production. I got the PPV, Maloney was warming up then nothing for 23-30 minutes. It was like the PPV went off air so I changed channels. Luckily I thought I'd give it a go and changed it back just in time for Crawford getting announced in the ring.

Maloney fight go the distance? robbed was he?

He jabbed him in the eye and they called the fight off because of the damage, blamed it on a (bogus) illegal headbutt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back